Entertainment Book Coupons

Hi all -

I am fairly new to the board so please forgive me if I am asking a question that isn't allowed or if it's in the wrong place.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any Carnival Cruise coupons in 2007 Entertainment Book and if so, are they any good? I am taking a cruise in Dec. of 2007 and any savings would really help! However, I don't want to spend $25 on the book if it isn't going to help.

Thanks!

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any Carnival Cruise coupons in 2007 Entertainment Book and if so, are they any good? I am taking a cruise in Dec. of 2007 and any savings would really help! However, I don't want to spend $25 on the book if it isn't going to help.

They work if you book directly with Carnival and plan to book a 6A cabin or better. Travel agents will generally give you a better price than using the coupon directly with Carnival, in my experience. If you do decide you want it, you can buy the coupons on EBay for $1 or less if you look around for them. No need to buy the book just for that.

I have a 2007 Entertainment Book and there are Carnival coupons in there. You CAN use them with a travel agent, it says that on the back of the coupon and I did use one last year when we booked a cruise with a travel agent. I also gave one to a friend's son who used one when he booked his honeymoon cruise with a travel agent. One line says you can use it with Carnival's Super Saver program but then next line says not combinable with any other discount, promtional offer or groups. I'm not sure what the difference is. I would be happy to send you a coupon but we may be using our coupons, haven't decided which line we want to book next and who is coming along. There will be coupons on ebay. You could also buy a book to where you are traveling to if you are doing a pre cruise or post cruise stay. We get one every year for our area, I always find we use many coupons to make the book worth while.

The difference is Super Saver rates cost more then what the coupon is worth.

Then there is a senior rate, resident rate. (Lots of discounts.)

Example-- on my next cruise if I was to use a super saver rate the fare will be 1,179.00 but a resident rate got me the cruise for 829pp so I could not use a entertainment coupon.. so I will pay the extra 100 to save almost 350pp

serene 56

you posted:

The difference is Super Saver rates cost more then what the coupon is worth.

Then there is a senior rate, resident rate. (Lots of discounts.)

Example-- on my next cruise if I was to use a super saver rate the fare will be 1,179.00 but a resident rate got me the cruise for 829pp so I could not use a entertainment coupon.. so I will pay the extra 100 to save almost 350pp

Can you explain what a resident rate is?? TIA!

Cruise related- the 07 book has a great American Air 5% off coupon good for any fare booked through them. If AA is the cheapest flight to your cruise, book through them as that is cheaper than going through Travelocity etc (they charge the same fair, plus add a fee).

I saved $60 off the fare for xmas cruise.

• 5 weeks later...

The 2007 Book has an AA Offer which stipulates:

"Save 5% Off any fare worldwide for up to 6 passengers -

One promo code may be used for up to 6 times on the same itinerary. All published fare rules apply. Offer may be redeemed online only at www.entertainment.com/aa and your unique promo code will be assigned once you visit the site. Valid on reservations booked now thru December 31, 2007. Offer validity is governed by the Rules of Use and excludes defined holidays. Offes are not valid with other discount offers, unless specified. Coupons void if purchased, sold or bartered. Discounts exclude tax, tip and/or alcohol, where applicable."

I don't see anything for RCCI. Hope this helps!

Ladyjbd, I sent you a message on myspace. Im sure it will save you some $$. By the way I am going on my 2nd cruise in March and I am doing the Western Caribbean. You are going to have a blast on your first cruise!!!! Its awesome!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know if American Airlines or RCCl are in the Intertainment books and if so can you tell me what the stipulations are?

Thanks, have a great day and keep smiling! CJ :) :)

I just recently booked our airfare on the AA website using the coupon out of the Entertainment book. You need to register your book on the Entertainment book website. They will then give you a discount code to use with AA. One time use only. We paid $20 for the coupon book, and saved $20 and some change on our airfare! Got 5% off before fees and tax. Now at least I know we got our money's worth of the book. Some years I wondered how much we really saved....

Don't recall seeing any RC coupons, only Carnivale

Mary

Can you explain what a resident rate is?? TIA!

a resident rate is for certain states during certain sailings.

We are cruising with people from Mass. in February-- the resident rate was for the state of PA but not Mass so they could not get that rate.

When booking a cruise the agent should ask you where you live to see if any resident rate applies.

make sure the agent does not give you discounts that you are not entitled to--- senior rate. or you will have to pay the difference when you check in since you cant prove the senior age.

Archived