Need Diet Buddies on WW

robinsub

robinsub, you are still a winner!! By not gaining, you've not lost all that you've gained..funny way to put it, but true!! You did fine...it is difficult when you have to cook for others and still try to keep all that yummy food out of your mouth...My most difficult times are at work where one of my coworkers, who loves to bake, brings in goodies and I stand there and stare!! I dreamt about french fries last night...McDonalds and the strange thing is that I truly don't care for McDonalds..just my subconscious telling me..YOU WANT THEM!

One of my favorite lunch items is egg salad. Made with three slices of Pepperidge Farm Bread (Lite) 2 pts. 1 hard boiled egg 2 pts, tons of lettuce and celery, with a tablespoon of light mayonnaise 1-2 pts and I make it like a triple decker sandwich,all for six points and looks like more..with that I have cucumbers and low-fat italian dressing...fills you up!!! Other days, its the Lean Cuisine or WW meals, always pick the ones for five or less points so I can have a snack in the afternoon while everyone else is eating my coworkers baked goods!

Keep up the good work ladies and Zebra..you can do it!! I also have around 40 lbs to go! You can do it!!! And we'll all help! Phillis

Phillis, that is a great idea for lunch. I love egg salad! Thank you for your encouragement. I needed it! The kids go back to school in 2 weeks so I think things will get easier for me. It is so hard with them being home all the time. My daughter just got her drivers license and that has made me so nervous. It seems like we were just teaching her to ride a bike. Where does the time go?? :) Thanks again! Robin

2 years ago, before my cruise on Adventure, I lost 40 pounds in 4 months on WW!!! Yippee!!! 20 pounds in 2 months ought to be achievable. It really depends on so many variables though...

Just be happy to be on WW and eating healthier!!! It will really help you with your choices on the cruise too, in terms of choices, portion sizes, etc.

I have since lost an additional 10 pounds. I have 12 more pounds to go to reach goal....

Hey Fellow WW'ers! I have been on the program since January of this year. I joined because I had had some health problems and it was time to face up to them and make some lifestyle changes. WW had worked for me 10 years ago and I knew it would again.

I wanted to lose before my cruise this past April and was able to drop a size by the time we left. My new goal is to reach my lifetime status by the time we go again this next April. As of right now - I have dropped two sizes.

It is a much slower process for me this time, call it age or whatever but the pounds are melting off at a slower rate than they did 10 years ago. I lose .6 to 1.2 pounds per week.

I have FINALLY added exercise to my life. That means I feel off if I don't get to the gym I am the worlds worst procrastinator and had to find a gym just 2 blocks from my office. That way - I can't come up with and excuse fast enough on my way home. I stop in 3-4 nights per week. Funny - once I am there I just do the work and feel great for having done it!

Most of the posters have been on the program for a short time - hang in there! If you want this program to really work - it has to be a life change. Otherwise - you will be like me, back 10 years later and starting again. This is the last time I am going to lose this weight!

I started at 232 size 20W! I can buy clothes without a W now! See you on the Granduer April 2005 in a size 12 by the pool!

Hello everyone! I have been on WW since the end of April and have lost ~15lbs. :p This past month has been rather difficult with traveling on vacation and staying home with the kiddos! But...I have pretty much maintained since my last weigh in (I only weigh in at the meetings once/month). And...have eaten pretty much anything I've wanted, including a few "off-the-chart" deserts. :eek: I've got to get back on track though, 'cause we leave for our cruise on Oct. 3rd and I want to lose as much as possible. I still have approx. 45lbs. to get to goal, but don't want to discourage myself trying to get there by Oct., afterall, I didn't gain all this weight in 6 mos., and can't expect to lose it that quickly as well. I could use some suggestions on how to deal with those 'monthly cravings' of sugar/salt. It's my downfall! :confused:

I'll plan to "see less" of y'all later,

Deana

I've been OP since the end of March and today reached my 10%. I still also have about 45 lbs to go. The salt craving is easy - Light Popcorn!!!!! I'm not a big dessert person - but I do love the Giant Cookie Bars (Ice Cream) they're great and only 2 points!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am so proud of all of us!! The world is a lighter place!! Tessa, you are absolutely correct...it does have to be a life change. I am learning to read every label on food items and don't buy any junk food in our house, except for my 17 year old loves Keebler cookies and I hate them..so it works out beautifully. I feel so much better without all the fried food and junk I used to consume.

I appreciate everyone jumping on this board...it makes me realize that others know exactly how hard it is to lose the weight and maintain it! And what I'm experiencing..Thanks to all of you!! My cruise is in December and today I bought my first piece of clothing and Tessa..it also didn't have a W attached to it...A Lands End t-shirt...and I almost cried in Sears...Yikes...i'm getting sappy...Have a great day tomorrow...thanks for being here! Phillis

Hi, everybody!

I began WW at the first of this year. I've had great success! :D

My first goal was to lose 20lbs before my 25th Anniversary cruise on 3/6/04.

Mission Accomplished!:)

My second goal was not to gain any weight on my cruise. Mission Accomplished! I ate like a pig and lost a pound! :)

My third goal is to reach my goal weight. Forty-three pounds down and I'm 3 pounds away! I hope to make goal before my 8/20/04 Alaska cruise.:rolleyes:

WW really works and it has been a treat to lose all of the weight. I feel much more energetic now and I've had the fringe benefit of getting to get a whole new wardrobe!;)

The key: Stay positive! Get up and moving! Drink your milk and eat your yogurt! Water! Water! Water!

Hi Guys -- this is my first time on this thread. You all sound so encouraging. Both my husband and I are on WW. We were doing very good - he lost about 65 pounds and I lost 40 and then.....we went on a 12 day Mediterrean cruise! We both gained some back. We just got back the end of May and it has been hard getting back on and staying on it. Hubby is doing much better than me. We are booked for another Meiterrean cruise (we really loved it and decided to do it again) in May, 2005 on Celebrity. I really need to lose at least another 50 before then. I know the plan works -- I just can't seem to get motivated again. HELP!! I'm hoping that hooking up with all of you will do the trick.

Shirley

Hi, everybody!

I began WW at the first of this year. I've had great success! :D

My first goal was to lose 20lbs before my 25th Anniversary cruise on 3/6/04.

Mission Accomplished!:)

My second goal was not to gain any weight on my cruise. Mission Accomplished! I ate like a pig and lost a pound! :)

CONGRATULATIONS on your success with WW - yes it really does work!

I have not been as successful as you at NOT gaining (OR even losing) while cruising. Please share your "cruise secrets" with the rest of us so we can also experience the same success!!! For example, what you typically ate at each meal, did you drink alcohol, how much did you exercise, etc. How did you "eat like a pig" and lose a pound? Did you journal? Did you count points? I am leaving in a week for my next cruise and I want to stay the same or lose weight too!!!

Thanks in advance for sharing! It is what WW is all about!:)

CONGRATULATIONS on your success with WW - yes it really does work!

I have not been as successful as you at NOT gaining (OR even losing) while cruising. Please share your "cruise secrets" with the rest of us so we can also experience the same success!!! For example, what you typically ate at each meal, did you drink alcohol, how much did you exercise, etc. How did you "eat like a pig" and lose a pound? Did you journal? Did you count points? I am leaving in a week for my next cruise and I want to stay the same or lose weight too!!!

Thanks in advance for sharing! It is what WW is all about!:)

We cruise a lot and avoid gaining weight by always or almost always using the stairs instead of the elevator and walking into ports when it is feasible to do so. I am usually up early in the am watching the sunrise and walking a mile or two around whatever deck goes completely around the ship or on the "jogging" track. I always count points and journal even on a cruise - it just keeps me honest - we aren't big drinkers - but will have a drink before dinner. My husband has never had a weight problem - he is naturally thin - when I indulge, it is at dinner and for dessert - since I do water aerobics at home, on Princess ships I use the forward pool in the am to do that as well - and of course drink plenty of water - I think once you have made WW a lifestyle, it is easier. It looks like everyone that is posting on this thread is doing really well - as I have stated before, I have been Lifetimer since 1978 - but had to go back in Jan 2002 and lost 40 pounds that I have kept off since then - the difference this time is that WW is now a way of life for me - not just a diet - I never want to have to lose it again! Being able to buy a 6 or 8 is a great reward and I finally like what I see in the mirror. It took me from the end of Jan 2002 until May 2002 to get the weight off and get back to my goal weight. I still go to meetings once a month to weigh in and count my points and journal - it works for me! Sorry this is so long - keep on losing!!!

The only place you can be called al loser and it is a good thing.I work for WW and have lost 30 pounds 10 years ago . Just a bit of advice . It's not what you eat it's about how much you eat that counts and don't let a lapse turn into a collapse . Get right back on track and remember if you bite it you must write it . Only 2 and half weeks till we are off on a 12 day Med. cruise. I can't wait . It should not be all about the food enjoy your cruise and the person or people you are with !!!

Hi fellow WW!! I too love to cruise, and eat, but hate those exra pounds:rolleyes: . Someone said light popcorn for salt munchies. Excellent. My favorite. It takes care of the salt as well as the crunch. My other savior in the crunch department is mini carrots. They really do the trick! For chocolate, I really like the fudgecicles that WW puts out. Only one point, but taste like 7! I have 10 to lose by Sept. 20th. Wish me luck, and keep the good thoughts and helpful hints coming. Marilyn:)

Congratulations Everyone!!

This is a great site...encouraging and insightful..Marilyn..you can do it..remember to exercise...I think that has really been the key to my success...My whole office is doing WW and combined we have lost a total of 73 lbs..not too bad for four ladies who could stand to shed a few pounds. Shirley..keep the faith..it can be done..I absolutely love good food and tons of it...especially pasta and potato chips...for some reason I don't think about it anymore and whenever I have an occasional lapse, I just move on to the next day with a firmer resolve to have these pounds come off before December and to keep them off..There isn't anyone who has posted on this thread that doesn't know how you're feeling...we're all there or have been there and can really be supportive.Yes...I still miss M & M's, but to wear a smaller size and feel better are much better than that small instant gratification those M & M's gave me...I'm proud of all of us, the world is a lighter place for all the hard work we put into WW...

Have a great weekend everyone! Phillis

Hi all.....came back on Sat from our wonderful cruise.....I'm weighing in tomorrow.....I really tried to stay on track, making good food decisions, but sometimes I slipped.....oh well....tomorrow will tell. Has anyone cruised on the Carnival Glory? I thought the food was very good, they gave you a variety of everything to choose from.....the fruits & veggies were delicious as the other foods were. Will let you all know what damage was caused. Will be in touch.....Lynne

Why is it that more people start dieting on Monday than on any other day of the week -- must be because the temptation to go off on the weekend is greater! That is exactly what my husband and I did. Of course, we now regret it. I am firmly resolved that this is going to be my last Monday of kicking myself. I'm going to take it one day at a time and not think about how long it actually will take me to lose 50 pounds. This board and all of you are a great encouragement to me so keep on with your kind words and suggestions. It's very nice to know I'm not alone out there.

Shirley

Shirley,

You can't keep kicking yourself!! All it does is frustrate you and then..what do we all do? Stuff our faces..while we feel sorry for ourselves..Take one day at a time..and don't look at the big picture. Set smaller goals...I have determined that small success is the greatest! So...prove to yourself that you can do this and whether you only lose 20 lbs you are still a winner...Yes we are all in this together...Tomorrow I'm making chicken salad with white meat, no skin, a few green grapes, a few pieces of apple and 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise. I have calculated this awesome sandwich to be about 7 points..a nice meal for dinner with salad. Try to be creative with your meals..it makes it much more bearable..especially in hot weather.. You can do this everyone...if I can..you all can..Phillis

Thank Phillis -- your words are exactly why I am glad I found this board. I am setting small goals -- right now it is staying on WW for a week without going off it. So far, so good! I know that once I get in the habit of making it a lifestyle, it will be easier. In the meantime, it is nice to get support from online friends.

Shirley

Shirley,

I'm with you girl. Getting your mind right is probably the hardest part...your heart may be in it, but it's that mental state that will keep you motivated and on program (OP). Like everyone else was saying, small goals and taking it one day at a time will help. But if you're like me, I like incentives (rewards)! In the past, I used food as a reward...but I am trying hard to take my focus off the food an put it more on me (how I look and most importantly, howI feel). So, every 10% of weight loss, I go and buy myself something new to wear for the cruise --saving formals and lingerie? for the week before we leave so I can get the smallest possible size! :D

As for activity, haven't done too much lately. Trying to get on track with walking 3-5 days/week when the kids go back to school this next week. And I have to drag the Total Gym out from under our bed and set it up to use it, go figure! At the WW meeting last week, our 'instructor' told us to wear a pedometer all day to track our steps in everyday activity. She said we'd be amazed at the number and it might give us the incentive to take the stairs, or park the car further out in the lot in order to increase the # on the ped. Anyway, I will try this and thought everyone else here might find it useful.

Gotta go for now...wish me luck at weigh in on Friday! ;)

Deana

Hi All! Thank you for all your inspiration and support! Great chicken salad recipe!:D I add a little curry and garlic powder to mine for something a little different. As we know, it is "safe" to eat almost the same thing every day, but we also know variety is the spice of life and will keep us on program more easily:). By the way, exercise is definately the way to step up the weight loss. My DH and I walk 2 1/2 miles every morning, and then do a few light weights. I have tennis elbow and other issues, so I just do what I can. Someone mentioned walking at the mall. THat is a great idea, as well as Disneyland! Tomorrow I am going with a friend, and we will walk all over the park, earning a few extra steps/miles:D. I know not everyone lives close to an amusement park, but there are other places that are great to walk. I also read in prevention magazine, that walking rapidly is better for you than even running! Good luck to all, and we will all have a great time slipping into our slimmer fancy clothes;). BTW, I have decided to give up my glass of wine with dinner now, so I can use those points on the ship! Marilyn

Thanks Deanna for your kind words of encouragement. It definitely is mind over matter. I have new motivation now since finding this board. When I'm feeling down, I just read it for encouragement! You are right -- buying new clothes is a great reward. I'm hoping to need all new clothes by the time my cruise in 05/05 rolls around!

Shirley

Hi all, I am new to this thread. I will be cruising for 10 days this year over Thanksgiving. There are 16 of us going, my family of 5, along with 11 of my husbands family. I am by far the largest woman of the crowd. Last year we all went on a Carnival Cruise, but, I couldn't even look forward to it because I was so self conscious about my weight. Now, we are going on another, with the same people as last year, and I am the same weight as then. Overall I need to lose 65 pounds to be at a decent weight. I know I can't actually do that by November, but I would like to see a significant change.

The positive is, I have been walking regularly(at least 5 days per week) for several months, and i do other stretches and weights at home. I also drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. The problem is, I have no discipline with eating. I do have all of the Weight Watchers startups, etc... So, with a little boost from this board, I think I'll give it a try. I don't see myself as a low-carb person at all, although I realize it's helped alot of people, it's just not for me right now.

Thanks for the encouragement. Vicki

Vicki - hang in there! I know exactly how you feel. I need and want to lose about 50 pounds before my cruise in May, 2005. I have already lost about 40. I just found this board recently, but feel like it is a good source of support. When you are feeling tempted, just go online and read some of the good things everyone has to say. Go for small rewards. Don't think about the total amount of weight you have to lose, take it five pounds at a time. Or, for me, what has been working is instead of thinking about how much weight I have to lose, or how long it is going to take me, I have been focusing on just staying on the program for one day (or sometimes trying to stay on for the next 15 minutes!). That has been working for me. As you can tell from my earlier posts, I had a very difficult time getting back on the program when we got back from our May, 2004 cruise. Don't let the downfalls get you. Just get back up and go at it again. Last, don't worry about being the largest person in the group. Better that than the meanest or worst tempered person!!! Love yourself for who you are, but strive to take off the pounds so you will be a healthier, happier you!! See, I'm good at giving advice ~~ just need to listen to my own advice better!

Shirley

Hi Everyone,

zebra..are you sticking to the points and not using your flex points? Is your exercise plan enough? I have found that going to Curves at least 4 times a week and walking 2 other days seems to allow me to lose just a bit more. I have averaged 2 lbs per week by exercising and sticking closely to those points! I weighed in today and had lost those 2 lbs..but I think as long as we're all losing and not gaining, we should all be happy.

Vicki...don't worry about others around you. DO what makes you happy and whether or not you lose 5 lbs or 35 lbs..people who are happy no matter how they look, as long as there is goodness in them, they have an inner glow..So glow girl, show everyone around you that your'e happy with yourself...and know that we all support you. You can do your very best before your cruise and be happy with those results! But make sure you are losing for yourself and not for others, that is the key!

Lets keep our chins up and focus..we can be lighter people before our cruises and for the rest of our lives! Yikes...am I sappy or what? Phillis

Archived