Oosterdam -- Do adjacent balconies open up?

wilsonzoo

I'm sailing with 2 adjacent cabins on the Oosterdam in September and am wondering if anyone knows if balconies right next to each other can be opened up so that the 2 cabins can all party together? Thanks--

The balconies do open up with the help of the cabin steward. The open space between the cabins is not large, but it is large enough to go from one balcony to another. It would have been great if the partition could have been removed altogether.

On the Oosterdam in January, we had 4 cabins in a row that we opened. If someone wanted privacy, then they closed the drapes and we knew not to bother them. For the sail-away, there were 17 of us on the balconies, and everyone brought the champagne from their suites. I'm afraid we consumed all 8 bottles of champagne. I think I remember having a wonderful time!!!!!

Dee

:)

Even in the "S" suites we noticed that there was a small door going from cabin to cabin - crew opened them when they had to clean the verandahs. There is a hinge on top so that the door swings into one of the verandahs.

But you might still have to prop it open so that it doesn't bang all night when the ships is moving.

:)

Archived