Need help with cabana on HMC

calteacher

DH and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary on our Maasdam cruise in March. We hadn't planned on "splurging" for a cabana at HMC until tonight. In going through all the threads on HMC, it appeared that the turquoise cabana is a favorite.

I tried to "book" it and it showed available. When I added my DH, it also showed available. However, when I continued to confirm, I received a message that there was only space for 1 person. Does HAL just arbitrarily put people together until there are four in a cabana? I thought that one person booked for the entire group--be it 2, 3, or 4.

I will try to call HAL tomorrow, but thought that someone might be able to help me before then.

Thanks.

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW! Get back on line and book it for yourself right away. Then, after you are confirmed, you can take the time to sort out any issues. But these things are really difficult to get and you really should not wait! PS Make sure to get the butler service.

I tried to "book" it and it showed available. When I added my DH, it also showed available. However, when I continued to confirm, I received a message that there was only space for 1 person. Does HAL just arbitrarily put people together until there are four in a cabana? I thought that one person booked for the entire group--be it 2, 3, or 4.

I "enjoyed" the same confusion you described, but after a second try, I got it to work. The trick is to just reserve the cabana for one person. We both know that the reservation is good for up to four people, but the reservation system doesn't.

I "enjoyed" the same confusion you described, but after a second try, I got it to work. The trick is to just reserve the cabana for one person. We both know that the reservation is good for up to four people, but the reservation system doesn't.

I'll confirm that. Same experience / confusion here first time I booked one. Just a system quirk to prevent double bookings.

We have booked a Cabana but now I see there is a "Butler Service" available for $270 is this on top of the regular Cabana price. Thanks

The butler service is in addition to the cabana rental. You can make this addition (from what I understand) even on the ship. You don't have to make up your mind right now. The Cabana rental is the most important right now!

We have the cabana in December for the first time and looking forward to it! What a nice luxury. Still up in the air about the Butler Service. I may suprise everyone and get it since there are two ships in port that day.

Enjoy your cruise!

Blessings!

I booked the Turquoise cabana last night. After completing the booking, I went back to the website to see if Turquoise was removed--it was. From that fact, I inferred that, since it was removed, the rest were still available. Surprising since from what I've read here the cabanas go very quickly. I'm a little nervous after reading some more threads about the cabanas to see that people who've had cabanas somewhat close to the "harbor" had to deal with people walking in, using the water equipment, the showers, etc. Since there are only two of us using the cabana, will we have a problem when we go to get lunch? In other words, will we have to do everything in "shifts"--lunch, rest room, swimming, snorkeling, etc. to keep our cabana?

I booked the Turquoise cabana last night. After completing the booking, I went back to the website to see if Turquoise was removed--it was. From that fact, I inferred that, since it was removed, the rest were still available.
Not necessarily. They will still show up even if they are all already reserved so that people can get on a waitlist. Yours doesn't show up for you because you have already reserved it.

I booked the Turquoise cabana last night. After completing the booking, I went back to the website to see if Turquoise was removed--it was. From that fact, I inferred that, since it was removed, the rest were still available. Surprising since from what I've read here the cabanas go very quickly. I'm a little nervous after reading some more threads about the cabanas to see that people who've had cabanas somewhat close to the "harbor" had to deal with people walking in, using the water equipment, the showers, etc. Since there are only two of us using the cabana, will we have a problem when we go to get lunch? In other words, will we have to do everything in "shifts"--lunch, rest room, swimming, snorkeling, etc. to keep our cabana?

Calteacher - welcome to the Royal and Ancient Order of Ye Mystic Inhabitants of the Turquoise Cabana. There is a separate thread for this august assemblage which may be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=348301

Hope you enjoy both the cruise and the cabana

Archived