• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

NCL Dream

tawcat

Been a while since we have sailed NCL. We have booked the T'day sailing of Nov 18. A few questions about dining. The last time we sailed the Sea out of Houston it was a Freestyle cruise. Seems that we had the option of traditional type dinong or strictly Freestyle. Is NCL totally Freestyle now???

Guess the real question is should we bring formal attire? Or is resort casual okay for a T'day seating?

Happy to be back aboard NCL, got a great deal for this cruise!!!!

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

We were on the Dream in Sept. of 2005 and they let people into the Dining Room on Formal Nights wearing sweats and denim overalls plus there were baseball hats on heads all during dinner.................this was Formal night..................other rules were posted, but they were not enforced. That was an Alaska cruise.

Things may be different; it's a year later...............really loved the Italian Dining Room...............much better food, never crowded........not an extra charge place.

We were on the Dream last Christmas, it was pretty casual. Still all Freestyle dining.

We saw very few people in formal wear, although it was still nice to dress fairly well for dinner, especially the holiday meal and the specialty restaurant.

When my daughter and I were on the Dream in July of last year for the 11 day Alaska run, there were two "formal nights". I would say about 2/3 of the pax on board observed the etiquite and wore coats and ties and ladies in dresses or pant suits. Consider if you are going to have your pic taken with the Captain and dress appropriately - as our Capt Mogic was in formal black uniform attire. No need to overdo it however.

Thanks to all for your input. I think we are going sans formal wear and will surely observe the dining room rules on those formal nights. The last NCL Sea we did, we did it sans formal and we had a great time. Am sure we will again. Thanks again.:)

Archived