Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt143

No response from Millennium Massage Clinic, PV - Suggestions please

My husband and I had the couples massage when we cruised there last April. It was THE BEST massage we have ever had!! It was only $75 ($100 with tip) for both of us, for 70 minutes. We didn't need a reservation. We showed up right when they opened and they were able to take us immediately. That day at the Krystal was the highlight of our cruise.

I would suggest taking a shower after. We went directly to the pool and put sunblock on. I think my sunblock didn't work because of the oils from the massage. I was BURNT and was only in the sun about an hour. It usually takes me about 6-7 hours with sunblock to be burnt as bad as I was that day.

I just booked the Diamond Princess with 2 friends and emailed them for availability. I can't wait!

I am excited as we are now confirmed with reservations for three of us to have a massage and then a facial when we are there in Jan. Does anyone know how long it takes to get off the ship Diamond and get to the hotel? I believe I have to get off 1 hour earlier than our appt. time plus travel time due to the time change. My DH will spend the time by the pool while I and friends get the works! Can't wait.

Any info on their facials would be appreciated.

Vicki

Milleniummassage@hotmail.com is the email address I used and it might take a day or two before you get a response. You might even have to write a second time, I did. I wrote back and forth several times and have my appointments all set up for 3 people. We are excited and I would love to hear from anyone who has had a facial there. I really do not know what kind of massage we are getting. I'm sure it will be great.

Vicki

Can you give me the spa's website. I would like to check out the different massages and services they have. Everyone is raving about this place.

Thanks.

I am on my fourth email message to book a couples massage, and still no response. We have used them before, and they are very good, so I guess I will just have to call them.

Another newbie - never had a massage before. Sorry if these are stupid questions - I am trying to work up the courage to do this (I know, strange.)

1) Does the resort take credit cards or American dollars? Just wondering becasue the prices on the website are listed in pesos.

Anything I should know about getting a massage? I read through this thread and it gave me some info - anything else to know? How about anything I might not expect getting a massage from this particular resort? I know its silly but I like to know what to expect.

Thanks!

The Krystal Resort is undergoing many changes right now, among them moving many of the small businesses (including the spa) to new locations on site. When we left 10 days ago, the spa had not moved yet, but was going to any day. Most likely, massages will be given outdoors (don't worry, you are totally screened!) like they were originally, rather than indoors as in the past few years. I imagine they might not even have a computer up and running right now. Actually, I can't recall seeing a computer in any of their locations, so maybe they get emails from another office of the hotel. If so, that could seriously delay getting replies.

Leandro was hoping to move into his new house this week, so he is very busy, between moving a household and a business at the same time.

No credit cards (thank goodness--that limits me to the number of massages I can get with cash on hand!) for the spa... American dollars definitely the preferred method of payment. In fact, when you are there, brochures list prices only in dollars. The resort does take credit cards. The spa is an independent business.

Your belongings are always in the room with you.

All of the masseuses (I'm not going to look up spelling of that right now!) are great, but my last massage was with Cuca, and I would recommend her. I actually had one more massage than I had planned, because my husband said how great she was. And she was.

Would love to hear an update for anyone that is also just returning. We leave in just over a week and have a massage scheduled while in port. Really looking forward to it!

What do you know about the Millenium Spa in the marina? I believe it is the same company as the Krystal. Has anyone had any experiences there?

hi everyone I've read through all of this and I'm still a bit confused. So if we go and get massages at the Millenium does that mean we can use all the facilities of the NH? Would we have time to do a ship excursion in the morning and then get massages later seeing as the ship doesn't depart until 10:00? Basically what I'm asking is would it be possible to do the Tropical Jungle Tour which lasts 4 1/2 hours (we dock at 8:00 am) and then go get massages around 3:00-4:00? Will we be rushing? Thanks!! (or should we just get massages on the ship? RC Vision of the Seas)

Made reservations for massage today. In the response, it stated that if we wanted to use pool, we would need to pay an additional $20pp that would be applied to drink/food credit.

Is this what others have experienced? Doesn't seem to be what I've been reading on the boards.

Everyone talks about the massages but had anyone had their facials. Trying to schedule massaages and a facial.