Live From The Caribbean!

Robroy

Hi Mitchum:

Here's a tip to locate "where you've been" on the Boards: be sure to sign in and then hit the "search" button at the top of the boards. You then type in the name of the poster you're looking for (in this case, yourself!) and just below that, select which forums - in this case "Princess" or even all forums. It will generate all posts you have either started or commented on.

This board is a lot of fun and there's a ton of info available. You might want to also check the "stickies" at the top of the Princess Board and click on FAQ - it's amazing the details you'll find.

Otherwise, never hesitate to start a thread and ask away - there are many helpful people around.

By the way - we're in the Midland area but it's always easier to use Toronto as an identifier!

Have a great trip!

Rob

Hey Robroy. Of course I know where Midland is. Visited the Shrine as a child (lived in North Bay then) and then had customers there when I worked in Barrie.

Well, we finalized everything and we're gonna brave it...flying with Princess arranging the air and flying in the day of. I called last night about the Princess extend your stay option but they couldn't get any rooms...we all know why. If they can't co-ordinate my flights to get us in on time Sunday, they'll fly me in and put me up in a hotel Saturday free of charge though.....funny....where did the guy think they're gonna find me a room?? He had just finished telling me they couldn't get any.

We're going to travel to Ottawa on Saturday and stay at an airport hotel so we don't need to worry about delays getting to the airport. Then I guess we'll just have to pray...

Thanks again for your help. I may bug you with more questions closer to.

Michelle:)

Hi Michelle,

Sounds like a great idea taking the Princess Air in view of flying in on Super Bowl weekend. Although not always the most direct route, it does take the heat off of you in case of a flight issue and puts Princess squarely in your corner.

Who knows: maybe you'll be lucky enough to get an 11:30pm departure the Saturday night with stops in Philly - Milwaukee - Atlanta - Orlando and arriving in Ft. Lauderdale about 10:30am Sunday! This would eliminate the hotel issue altogether......(sorry - just kidding - couldn't resist!!!!!)

Be sure to fire away if you have any questions whatsoever. There's a wealth of info available and people are really great on this board about sharing their experiences and offering their advice and opinions.

Meanwhile, you can get serious about monitoring your countdown! Quick now.....how many sleeps???

Rob

Very funny Rob!! I'm already concerned enough about making one connection. :rolleyes: LOL My husband has done it before, thank God!! I've only flown once and it was a direct flight with Air Canada. We were told the stopover will likely be in Toronto or Philly.

I suppose we won't be fed on these other flights. Air Canada at least had a passable meal. And with these new strict guidelines about what's allowed in your carry-on....hopefully I can bring some sandwhiches or something.

And speaking of sleeps....I just now found the handy countdown forum on this site and it's 93 days and counting! I'll be checking that often.

Have a great one!

Michelle

Rob,

Hey quick question. I am booked on the Superbowl weekend....Yeahh.... got cheap flights from Cali before they went up....

Also got in on the cheap rooms before the prices went up...

Anyways, looking at Princess Cays they show that they have these new type of Beach Bungaloos? Did you see them? Do they appear to be worth the $199.00.......

I am so excited and did I hear right that there is a seafood buffet on day one????

thanks,

kathy

Kimika performed on the Caribbean Princess when we sailed last March. Hilarious! Be careful if you sit in the front row, because she likes to pick out a guy in the audience to flirt with (and embarrass) during the show!

I happen to be that person in August. She named me big sausage. The rest of the cruise that was my name. I couldn't go anywhere on the ship without someone calling me big sausage, I even got it at the airport.

Wayne

Wayne:

Congratulations Senor Sausage! She really rattled the guy she selected on our cruise but he had a ball with it. Called him her "sausage" too but we didn't see him after that to hear how much razzing he got. I can only imagine though....you must have had a good time though and nice to hear that everyone could remember your name...!!!

Kathy:

Sorry to say we didn't go ashore at Princess Cays! Stayed onboard and had the run of the ship. I did see other threads though about these new bungalows - hope you connect with somebody who has some inside info. As for the seafood though.......you're right: Seafood in Cafe Caribe on sailaway evening as well as the second night. Be sure to save some room from dinner and hustle up to the emporium (Cafe Caribe) both nights. Don't forget the gala night either when they serve lobster tails......guess what's also on the buffet at Cafe Caribe that night too???

Frankly I've never seen so many large shrimp in my life! Best of all, they're peeled so it doesn't slow you down in the act of consumption! You'll also see tons of crab claws and legs. If you enjoy seafood, you're on the right ship and will have a really good time!

Michelle:

Hope your flight connections work out well. We went through Philly and another time through LaGuardia.....preference is direct though naturally. Glad to see you're up to date on the countdown - that's the true measure of excitement: wake up in the morning - jump out of bed and yell "Yahoo....only 92 more sleeps til we cruise"!!!!!

(Can ya tell I'm jealous??)

Rob

Archived