Long Beach Hotels before and after cruise to Mexican Riviera?

ladycaveat

I just booked a room on the Queen Mary for before our cruise to the Mexican Riviera and at the Coast Hotel for the day we return from our cruise. Has anyone stayed in either of these? Any reviews? How do we get from Port to the Coast Hotel . . . I assume by taxi?

I just booked a room on the Queen Mary for before our cruise to the Mexican Riviera and at the Coast Hotel for the day we return from our cruise. Has anyone stayed in either of these? Any reviews? How do we get from Port to the Coast Hotel . . . I assume by taxi?

My husband and I stayed at the Coast about a week ago, the night before our Paradise cruise. The hotel is very nice except that we had some partiers in our building and they were quite noisy from 2:00 a.m. to about 5:00 a.m.

The Coast has a shuttle that will take you to the port. We did the 'park and sail' package so we had a free shuttle to the port both ways, free breakfast buffet, and free parking for the 4 days. I think the shuttle is about $8 if you don't reserve one of the 'park and sail' or 'stay and sail' packages.

I stayed on the Queen Mary for business about a year ago for 3 days. Rooms are small (even for a deluxe) but different. Not much to do onboard and the area leaves a lot to be desired.

If you have not done it, it's cool.

I stayed on the Queen Mary for business about a year ago for 3 days. Rooms are small (even for a deluxe) but different. Not much to do onboard and the area leaves a lot to be desired.

If you have not done it, it's cool.

That's one of the reasons we booked at the Long Beach Coast Hotel for after our cruise. Figured it would be fun to stay on the Queen Mary the night before our cruise (especially since it's within walking distance of our ship). However, felt that after eight nights in a tiny state room . . . it might be nice to stay in something a tad larger.

Cathyz,

If you wouldnt mind answering another question about

the coast hotel It would be great.

How long did you have to wait for the shuttle on your

return back to Long beach. I have had some experience

with other hotel shuttles which ran very infrequently and

filled up very fast. It took about 4 round trips before we

could get on. How was your experience?

HLP

Cathyz

What time did the shuttle from the Coast Hotel leave for the port.

Also do you know if the Coast has a shuttle from the airport (LA) to the hotel.

I guess I can book the shuttle to the port when I check in.

Cruiseonly, we signed up for the 10:00 a.m. shuttle, but they have them every 30 minutes until about 3:00 I think. I don't know about the airport shuttle, we drove there and left our car in their lot.

Cathyz,

If you wouldnt mind answering another question about

the coast hotel It would be great.

How long did you have to wait for the shuttle on your

return back to Long beach. I have had some experience

with other hotel shuttles which ran very infrequently and

filled up very fast. It took about 4 round trips before we

could get on. How was your experience?

HLP

HLP, amazingly enough, we were the only couple in the shuttle on the way to the port and on the way back. The driver gave us the hotel's business card which my husband kept in his wallet. Once we stepped outside the dome on the way back, we called and he showed up in less than 10 minutes and dropped us right at our car in their parking lot. On the way to the port, he did say he had more passengers for the later shuttle times. But our experience was excellent and we'll be doing it again in February!

Cathyz, thanks for info.

Would you suggest the 10:00 shuttle, or a later one.

Breakfast at the hotel was probably included in your park and sail package.

I don't think you get a breakfast if you just booked a room. Did not see that mentioned when we booked it.

Cathyz, thanks for info.

Would you suggest the 10:00 shuttle, or a later one.

Breakfast at the hotel was probably included in your park and sail package.

I don't think you get a breakfast if you just booked a room. Did not see that mentioned when we booked it.

Cruiseonly, we liked the 10:00 shuttle because we were up early and ready to go, so might as well hang around the port instead of the hotel room, but apparently no one else wanted to go that early. The Coast is a 5 minute drive from the port, so when we got there, we went to early check-in on the Queen Mary which took about 20 mins total (there was a short line), then we walked around a little, my husband had a bloody mary from the bar set up outside the dome in the little shopping area. About 11:10 they called for 'Zone 1' line to start forming (those are the early check-in folks), so we got in line for 20 mins, then at 11:30 moved into the dome, through security, up the escalator and onto the ship and were having our first 'DOD' at 12:06 (according to our S&S receipt!). The 'Zone 1' line goes away after 11:30 since the early check-in closes and all check-ins are then done in the dome. We could see later from the ship that the regular check-in line was very very long so were glad we did early check-in and had a short line and first on the ship (after VIP, handicapped, etc.). Yes, we had a nice breakfast buffet included in our park and sail package, but I think the buffet is only $9.95/person so even if it's not included in your room rate, you can still do that before your shuttle.

Archived