• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Swimming pool rules?

lunasea1

I've searched the boards, but haven't seen anything about this. My sister & I are sailing with Royal Caribbean soon. Does anyone know if floatation devices are allowed in the pools? I am thinking a "noodle" with a chair hammock. Since my sister's spinal surgery swimming is difficult for her. Are pools toys generally allowed? Or is this considered a special circumstance?

I don't know for sure if it is allowed or not, but will tell you that the pools are really small, so it probably isn't allowed just because there isn't enough room for it. Definitely talk with special needs though.

Ask at the purser's desk. Show them what you would be using. If they can't give you an answer they would be able to direct to the person who would. Just came back from an RCI cruise (booked next year's while still @ sea, too!) and everybody was very polite and helpful. Have fun!

I agree that the pools are generally far too small for floatation toys. That sort of thing is kind of big, so I would recommend calling before you sail, to find out if it will be allowed...that way you won't have to bring it along if they say no. They may provide an alternative for you, as well.

Archived