Royal Clipper

cj013

Hope I'm not too late with this reply. We did this cruise 2 yrs ago as part of a 14 day cruise around the other islands. It was the best holiday/cruise we have ever had, the Grenadines have the most beautiful scenery imaginable. The Royal Clipper was superb, great ship with superb food. Everyone on it was really friendly. There isn't a lot of entertainment laid on as there is on the big cruise ships so you have to do your own thing which suited us. The cabins are small, we had a cat 4 as they are all the same anyway unless you have a cabin with a balcony. You will have a super time.

I just returned from a ten day cruise aboard the Royal Clipper - from Venice to Rome. My husband and I own a 38 ft. sailboat. But unfortunately, after 15 years of sailing, I still get seasick! Therefore, I was extremely concerned about this issue. I checked the boards - over and over - trying to get an answer prior to our cruise. For the most part, I thought I might have a difficult time. We had an unusual voyage.

We ran into a storm - with Force 10 winds (approx. 55 mph) and up to 12 ft. seas. The Capt. told us they have never experienced such a storm on Royal Clipper. It wasn't easy. But the ship fared very well, and so did I!

Most passengers suffered with a bit of queasiness - but with a half or whole (non-drowsy) dramamine, we were all just fine. There is a nurse on board who will dispense medication if you need it. Unless you're serioiusly motion sick - car sick - or plane sick, I think you'll be okay!

• 1 month later...

We went on it last January. I would recommend to anyone that suffers from motion sickness....do not go on this cruise. I had patches, took bonine, etc, and still was sick the whole time. The Atlantic was very rough. They had to put up the "board" on our bed so that we wouldn't roll out of bed at night. Water was washing up on the port windows like a front load washing machine. Even the servers were a little "green". We tried to pack the last night and were falling into walls. Our luggage rolled down the hall.

Okay - BUT my in laws and hubby had a wonderful time and would do it again.

As for entetainment at night, if you don't drink and don't want to sit at the bar then there is nothing to do.

JMO

Can you read? The question was about the Grenadines, not the Atlantic and you cannot in any way do a comparison. The Atlantic is rough, the sea in the Caribbean and especially the Grenadines, is calm, so why answer inappropriately? Anyone going to the Caribbean on the Royal Clipper won't have any problems with seasickness.

Archived