For those who book GUARANTEED

ladyjbd3155

I'm just curious....

How often do you get your actual room number far in advance? And how often do you not get it until the day you board?

I would like to book guaranteed just to save the $$$, but I want to book shore excursions in advance (and also think I would really like a room on the Empress deck), so I may just go ahead and pick a room at booking. (BTW, I'm booking on the Triumph - Western Caribbean)

This may sound like a dumb question, but when you look at the deck plans on Carnival's website, is the part of the ship that's pictured towards the bottom "aft". And the front part of the ship is at the top of the picture?

Edited to mention that I am getting a balcony, if that matters.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I'm just curious....

How often do you get your actual room number far in advance? And how often do you not get it until the day you board?

I would like to book guaranteed just to save the $$$, but I want to book shore excursions in advance (and also think I would really like a room on the Empress deck), so I may just go ahead and pick a room at booking. (BTW, I'm booking on the Triumph - Western Caribbean)

This may sound like a dumb question, but when you look at the deck plans on Carnival's website, is the part of the ship that's pictured towards the bottom "aft". And the front part of the ship is at the top of the picture?

You can book your excursion without a cabin number. Just enter "GUAR" under cabin number. They know what it means. Oh yeah, I have always gotten my cabin number at the time of boarding. Never got it in advanced but also never tried to find out. Didn't know that I could. I figured that I am the absolute last person they assign a room (single cat 1A). I get whatever is left before the broom closet is assigned). ;)

I'm just curious....

Edited to mention that I am getting a balcony, if that matters.

I have only done it once, got my room assigment about a month out. Booked inside guarantee, received Oceanview.

When booking a GUAR, even if you do find your cabin number, it could still change right up to the day of sailing.

If you want empress deck, then you should find a canin and book that specific cabin. That way "No worries".

The pointy part is the bow or "fore" or "forward. The blunt end at the opposite end is "Aft".

Standing on a deck facing the bow, to your right is "Starboard" to your left is "Port" Left = 4 letters Port = 4 letters.

We cruised last Dec. on the Valor and our cabin number was on our docs. We were part of a group of 14 and everyone else got their numbers, too. Don't know if it was because we had so many cabins or what. But it sure was nice to know we'd been upgraded from a 4a to a 6a. :D

You can book your excursion without a cabin number. Just enter "GUAR" under cabin number.

Hmmm...well, that might change everything. My TA told me you had to have a specific cabin number in order to book excursions before the cruise started.

Yep. Bow of the ship is at the top and aft is at the bottom.

8 of us booked our rooms (4 balcony suites-11) as a gty and received our room numbers about a month out from the cruise and found out that we all had been upgraded to a penthouse (cat 12). We then booked our shore excursions with plenty of time to spare. We all were able to get the excursions we wanted. I say go for the gty! :)

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Hmmm...well, that might change everything. My TA told me you had to have a specific cabin number in order to book excursions before the cruise started.

Don't take my word for it. I may be wrong. Call Carnival and ask them.

Archived