International travellers? US residency?

Bbrave

Hi, all,

We are planning a South Caribbean trip on Crown Princess. I just find out that it requires Canada/US residency, which makes me confused. We are international students who are not US permanant residents. But we live in the states for years and we got state IDs and payed the taxes... Are we US residents or not? Did you know any people like us on the ships?

I do know some international traveller took other cruise lines, but know nothing about Princess.

Thank you.

I believe you are only a US Resident if you have an Green Card (Permanent Resident Card). I may be wrong. Will they not allow you to travel with a Passport from your country? That is assuming you have any required visas for any countries you are visiting while on the cruise.

I personally haven't heard of any cruise that only allows U.S. and Canadian citizens/residents to board. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

You don't have to be a US/Canadian citizen or resident to go on a cruise, citizens of other countries go on cruises all the time. But, unless you have a green card, whether or not you can go on a cruise depends on the type of visa you have. Some visas require that if you leave the US you must go back to your own country and reapply for a visa. I encountered this a couple of years ago when a friend that is here on a student visa wanted to go on a cruise. Make sure to check into the requirements of your particular visa before you decide to go on a cruise.

Also, it will be your responsibility to get visas for each of the countries you will be visiting, if it is required by that particular country based on the country you are a citizen of.

Archived