Crown Bay

kidcruisers

Is there shopping within walking distance from Crown Bay? Taking 2 young kids along,looking for beer,spirits,and clothing.

Not yet. Was just there last week and none of the shops at Crown Bay are open. I looked inside the buildings and some of the walls are just studded out...no walls yet. The shops are supposed to start opening in November...not sure when in November though.

Don't see these shops opening for a long time. Best to get a cab to Havensight Mall, $4.50 per person.

Why go all the way to Havensight, when Charlotte Amalie is half the distance with more shops?

There is a grocery store within walking distance--about 10 minutes or so--and there's a shop at the nearby marina that sells to the boaters and has most things on your list. It's even closer and easier to walk to.

Our only problem last year when we walked to the grocery store was being annoyed by all the taxi drivers who tried to get us in their cabs.

There is a grocery store within walking distance--about 10 minutes or so--and there's a shop at the nearby marina that sells to the boaters and has most things on your list. It's even closer and easier to walk to.

Our only problem last year when we walked to the grocery store was being annoyed by all the taxi drivers who tried to get us in their cabs.

:D:D

I can see that... we'll be walking, have done stuff like this before in other ports and have always had that same experience. Question for you geoherb...is it easy to find your way to CA? Any signage? I have read that it is about 30-40 minutes walk and has sidewalks for about 75% of the way... sound right?

Good morning

If I may add something to this thread ... :)

When on the Noordam maiden voyage in Feb, the ship docked at Crown Bay.

There were plenty of shuttles (open-air jeeps) that took everyone to downtown Charlotte Amalie for $2

I remember the driver asking if anyone wanted 'Havensight or downtown'

My destination was downtown, but gave him an extra buck for a tip.

Once you get off your ship, look for those jitneys (or shuttles) and hop aboard. It's a good deal, and the one way ride only takes 5 min (depending on traffic, of course ....)

And they roam the streets in the downtown shopping area, so keep your eyes peeled. They'll oblige to take you back to Crown Bay.

Hope this helps .... enjoy your holiday!

:)

Archived