To ALL who recommended Sonny Liston

sistergldnhair66

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I had booked a tour with Sonny after reading all the great reviews. My two son's did not want to go, and Sonny had said in his email they would have a great time, but still they were undecided until the morning of the day we pulled into St. THomas. They thought they were going to be stuck on a bus the whole time. Once they saw they were open taxi's they reluctantly gave in.

They were not sorry and we had the BEST time. The other tours were so jealous of us, flying up the mountain, laughing, and singing to the blasting Caribbean music, and Sonny's great sense of humor. He dropped us in town to shop and came back a few hours later, where he said we had a group to pick up at the beach. We got an entire tour of the whole island, and didn't return to the ship until dark.

There was a family of 5 on our tour, who complained about his driving and after Sonny dropped a bunch of us in town, they were MIA. I think they got another ride back to the ship on the return. No problem, it was a great time!!

We just came back from the CB and did the Sonny Liston tour as well. We had a blast!! We saw all the highlights in St. Thomas and then went to Sapphire Beach which was absolutely wonderful! I highly recommend Sonny as well!

Where do I find the website or email for Sunny?

Thanks; this advice is exactly what I needed.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I had booked a tour with Sonny after reading all the great reviews. My two son's did not want to go, and Sonny had said in his email they would have a great time, but still they were undecided until the morning of the day we pulled into St. THomas. They thought they were going to be stuck on a bus the whole time. Once they saw they were open taxi's they reluctantly gave in.

They were not sorry and we had the BEST time. The other tours were so jealous of us, flying up the mountain, laughing, and singing to the blasting Caribbean music, and Sonny's great sense of humor. He dropped us in town to shop and came back a few hours later, where he said we had a group to pick up at the beach. We got an entire tour of the whole island, and didn't return to the ship until dark.

There was a family of 5 on our tour, who complained about his driving and after Sonny dropped a bunch of us in town, they were MIA. I think they got another ride back to the ship on the return. No problem, it was a great time!!

This is exactly the info I needed. Where do I find Sonny's website or email?

What does MIA stand for? Sorry for being so slow!

We were in St. Thomas in September and also heard that Sonny Liston was great!! We ended up using Henry Christopher who was a retired police officer and is now a chaplain. He was great!! St. Thomas is very fortunate to have such great tour operators. I have Henry's e-mail info if you want it...E-mail me at jsbenton1@yahoo.com if you need it.....

OK I have contacted Sunny about a tour in St Thomas and I can go along with the blasting Caribbean music I'll love that, but you have me a little nervous "flying up the mountain". If some people left the tour because he drove too fast I am glad to hear that now. I am looking for a tour of 14 people and I don't want anyone upset with me.

I also am waiting for a reply from Godfrey. Maybe I'll try this Henry Christopher.

On the other hand if you take the ferry to St John, you really won't have time for a tour guide? Does anyone know which is better? Tour guide around St Thomas or ferry ride to St John?

Thanks to all......Laura

One of the things I liked about Henry was that he was great with my kids. He wanted them to have a great time, but also wanted to teach them things about the island.....It didn't seem like he was just out for the money!

Hi all. I just visited Sonny's website and it does look like a nice tour. I just have a quick question. Are the places that the tours go very crowded? Remind you of a tourist trap? Is there any place that he goes that is off the beaten path (if there is such an area on St Thomas)?

Thank you!:)

Hi all. I just visited Sonny's website and it does look like a nice tour. I just have a quick question. Are the places that the tours go very crowded? Remind you of a tourist trap? Is there any place that he goes that is off the beaten path (if there is such an area on St Thomas)?

Thank you!:)

Sunny first picked us up from the ship and took us to Charlotte Amalie to go shopping. We then went for a tour of the island - he stopped a few times on the way up the mountain so we could take pictures of the view of Charlotte Amalie, then to Mountaintop where you have a gorgeous view of some of the neighbouring islands, then down the mountain to Drake's Seat for a view of Magens Bay, and then on to Sapphire Beach where we spent 2 1/2 hours before he picked us back up to take us to our ship. In other words, really what we saw were the highlights of St. Thomas. We did not go anywhere that I would consider off the beaten path. Mountaintop was the only crowded spot with lots of tours there. I think that the number of crowds will depend on the number of cruise ships in port that day. We were lucky - there were only 2 ships in port when we were there last week, although Charlotte Amalie was still very busy (I can't imagine being there with more than 2 ships in port!).

All in all, I thought Sunny was money well spent. Some of the tours with the cruise ship would have cost the same, if not more, than Sunny charged us, and lasted only a couple of hours.

Hope you have a great time!

We took his tour last year and had a blast. He drives fast when he can and is very safe. If you ride in a cab on St Thomas they drive very fast also. It is the way on the Island. He did tell me that he never had a accident on the island ( Minor dents and bumps) and his trucks are always checked by a mechanic on a regular schedule. Trust me if you take is tour you will have a ball but do have a drink at mountain top they are the best.

I must say that when we went on his tour we had lots of kids on the tour also many on his wifes truck. ( you may ride with her or him) Some trips they bring there kids with them. All of the kids had a good time and nobody got hurt.If you are worried about somone getting hurt or him driving to fast I would not worry he is very safe and the kids will have a blast.

Sgt. Jeff: I have heard many good thing about henry also if he is good use him but I do think that you will enjoy sonny.

I just wanted to thank all the contributors to this thread that gave such great information. We just booked our tour with "Sunny"! He emailed me back immediatly and seems to be a very nice man. And my favorite part: he will be waiting at the dock for us with a sign with our names on it! I have NEVER had that done for me! First time!

Oh yeah, this is going to be fun:D .

If you're worried about driving too fast - go with Godfrey tours. Same tour w/o loud music and he drives verey safely. Nice guy.

Not me! That is what attracted me to the tour!

I once did the Richard Petty ride-along-experience and we did 150+ mph. I begged him to go faster!:D

What time did you get back to the ship? Sonny's website says between 4 and 4:30. Itinerary for Crown Princess says it leaves at 4 pm.

Not sure about island time vs ship time and not sure which cruise line (and therefore your timing) was so can you tell me when you got back?

Did you take the 10:00 a.m. start?

Kim

Archived