Sporty Outfits?

RocketAlums

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise onboard the Mercury for our honeymoon. We have read a lot about the dress code for formal nights but nobody ever really talks about casual nigts. The Celebrity info mentions

Casual nights call for casual, comfortable wear, so women may opt for a pantsuit or sporty outfit while gentlemen may choose a sport shirt and slacks.

but I don't really know what a sporty outfit is for women. Is it supposed to be khakis and a nice polo shirt as is implied for men? Also what type of pantsuit do they mean? Is it a type of dressy pantsuit I would wear to work in or is it supposed to be much more casual?

Since I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal this really is all new to me.

Thanks in Advance for all your help

I'm a jeans and t shirt girl too. On casual nights I wear capris or khakis and a top of some sort. As an example, I might wear navy capris with a nice white tank top and beads of navy/red to tie them together. I might be way too casual for some people but I have never felt out of place nor have people stared at me in horror saying tsk tsk. On the dressier nights (not formal) I try to wear those sleeveless loose fitting "sundresses" with the little jackets. They are comfortable and pack small.

Plenty of people wear simple dresses on casual nights and a simple dress is never out of place regardless of whether it's casual or informal night. On every night you'll see a wide range of dress as people have a wide idea of what is appropriate.

Archived