You might consider Snuba St. Thomas/John

seafun

I just got back from the 10/14 Volendam cruise and had a great time with Snuba at Coki Beach. (Air tank on a raft, you on a 40 foot breathing tube)

It was my first time snuba-ing -- sort of a cross between snorkle and scuba, I learned it in a second, felt very safe and secure and saw great fish. Their website gives LOTS of information if you take a look at www.visnuba.com (I booked online before my cruise) We went on 10/21, so you can look at the pics if you click on that day, or the days before that to get an idea of what you see.

They said the fish are better on St. Thomas and the coral is better on St. John. However, my two cents worth -- since St. Thomas includes admission to Coral World at Coki Beach -- an excellent aquarium -- I'd go with the St. Thomas package, which cost us about $60, and taxi fare from the ship (about $9.00 per person each way) (Leave yourself at least an hour for Coral World. We went before snuba, at 11:00, which was done by 1:00 pm, then taxied back to town in time to shop.)

Hope this information helps, Tom

Archived