Need some help in San Diego

waASPCrusier

Actually not quite accurate. There is no local supermarket in the Old Town area, but you could take the Trolley from there downtown and walk 3-4 blocks to the Ralph' supermarket which is on G Street and 3rd quite near to Horton Plaza shopping center.

This is also about 8 blocks from the cruise ship pier. You can take a cab if you don't want to walk it, or a pedi-cab from the pier area (end of Broadway).

If you are shopping for wine, check out the Cost Plus World Market in the Gaslamp District.

Alternatively you could cab to the Ralph's in Loma Portal (on Sports Arena Blvd.) which would be able the same distance from Old Town.

Try mapping this on Mapquest.com or Google.

Actually not quite accurate. There is no local supermarket in the Old Town area, but you could take the Trolley from there downtown and walk 3-4 blocks to the Ralph' supermarket which is on G Street and 3rd quite near to Horton Plaza shopping center.

This is also about 8 blocks from the cruise ship pier. You can take a cab if you don't want to walk it, or a pedi-cab from the pier area (end of Broadway).

If you are shopping for wine, check out the Cost Plus World Market in the Gaslamp District.

Alternatively you could cab to the Ralph's in Loma Portal (on Sports Arena Blvd.) which would be able the same distance from Old Town.

Try mapping this on Mapquest.com or Google.

Perfect ...I will check this out.....thanks

Having lived in the area for 22+ years I was just trying to find out more specifics before giving information, hence the "inaccuracy" or rather the incomplete nature of my reply. The options outlined are certainly excellent. My concern was the distance from Old Town to the pier. It is one thing to want supplies for the hotel the night before the cruise, another to plan to purchase drinks/supplies to take on board.

Archived