1 month to go cruise blues

I still have a whole month before my cruise on the Serenade. I have checked, double checked, triple checked my packing list. Bought everything I need. Searched just about everything about the ship. Still no cruise docs (and I run to the mailbox every day!).

Curious as to what everyone else does to keep in the "cruise spirit" when the trip seems sooooo far away.....

This is the farthest in advance I have EVER booked. I usually book a week or two (at most) in advance. I had the urge early this year and now it feels like forever.

I saw in your signature that you sailed the Destiny. I wasn't pregnant and that ship still made me miserable!:D Thus, trying RCI this time.

I saw in your signature that you sailed the Destiny. I wasn't pregnant and that ship still made me miserable!:D Thus, trying RCI this time.

You will NOT be disappointed, I can assure you! :) I hated Carnival and would rather pick my own eyeballs out with a dull fork than pay a cent to ever go back on their ships! It's Hell On The High Seas!! :p

We NEVER have booked this far in advance either!!! I HATE IT!! hehe But we just got off the Freedom, and I definitely can't take my daughter out of school again this school year. And going over the summer is OUT of the question if I can help it. (I am NOT a 'kid' person, lol!) So that brings us to next October already. BOO HOO!

I hope you have a great trip!!!!

So far away???

Ok, try OCTOBER 26, 2007!!! Yes, that is ONE day less than an entire year!

I for one, cannot have sympathy for you. :D :p :D :p

Christie, I have to agree, we too have 11 months and one week to wait for the Serenade! Thats like forever!!!!

Sympathy?????

Simplyaddicted.....Have sympathy on US! I have a new job, no vacation time, can't fit even a quickie cruise in anywhere....its gonna be tough! :D

I hope you enjoy your cruise. I'll be back here just slaving away, dreaming of the Serendae!

How come you didn't like the Destiny by the way??
\

The ship was an absolute mess. It was dirty, worn, and not well-maintained. I understand it is an older ship, but I did not expect that. I loved both of my cruises with Carnival on the Pride and the Miracle, but the Destiny's service was also lacking. It seemed like things that were standard on the other cruises were out of the question on this ship. It seemed like the answer to every question was "no." I wonder if they put the "quality" employees on the newer ships. I had a good time, but that was do to the ports and the great friends we met onboard. I How about you???

Megan - Where to begin? First off, and this is my own opinion, but the ship was just plain tacky to me. VERY Las Vegas-like, gaudy decor. And booths in the dining room? Come on!!

The service sucked, it was like barely anyone cared about making it a nice vacation for you. BELIEVE ME, even on a cruise I don't expect my butt kissed, but a little courtesy would've been nice. I was on an elevator, where there was SUPPOSED to be no smoking, and this old bat was smoking. So I asked her to please put out her cigarette, besides being against the rules, I was pregnant. What does she do? Blows smoke RIGHT in my face! :mad: I told one of the personnel who was right there after we got off the elevator, and he didn't even go over to her or anything. I swear if I wasn't pregnant that would have been the first time in my life I would have actually HIT someone!!! Well what goes around comes around...she's probably 6-feet under by now! :p

Anyways, I just thought the whole pool area was sooo ugly with that baby blue/green/yellow tile action they had going on. Granted my other reasons for not liking that cruise were because I *was* indeed pregnant and did NOT want to be, so those reasons I don't hold against the cruise line (I couldn't drink...couldn't do the hot tubs, couldn't go down the water slide). But the cruise line itself gave me plenty of reasons on their own....so never again! Oh, AND we were on the Destiny when it was new!! Didn't help much.

I still have a whole month before my cruise on the Serenade. I have checked, double checked, triple checked my packing list. Bought everything I need. Searched just about everything about the ship. Still no cruise docs (and I run to the mailbox every day!).

Curious as to what everyone else does to keep in the "cruise spirit" when the trip seems sooooo far away.....

I know the feeling We board Voyager on December 16 and We still do not know what time our flight leaves :eek:. I am going crazy checking the RC web site everyday. I am going to call them monday I need flight numbers. The packing part is fun :D Its the unpacking when we get home that kills me :eek: . Good Luck with your Docs I have a feeling you are going to get them next week ;) And then mine will be the week after that :) (Fingers crossed)

Cali

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Since accessible cabins are so hard to come by, we have to book far in advance. We booked in May for a Nov 5 sailing but a couple of weeks ago we felt the need to change it and the next time the accessible junior suite was available was Dec 3 so instead of having a week and a half wait I now have a 5 and a half week wait. Cruises are the one time of the year when I can really relax so I'm very anxious for the time to go by. But at least with our son, time seems to fly by so I'm hoping I won't go too nuts by cruise time!

Christie, I agree with you on the decor and the people. I experienced several obnoxious fellow passengers on that cruise, too. The other two sailings with Carnival were incredible. I hear that RCI is a "step up" and I can't wait!

It definitely IS a step up...the ships are beautiful, classy & sophisticated, yet a barrel of fun! Let me know what you thought when you get back!! :)

Far away? Did you say Far away?:p I reserved my first cruise 500 days ahead, those last 30 flew by. Have fun, you will be there soon.

I still have a whole month before my cruise on the Serenade. Curious as to what everyone else does to keep in the "cruise spirit" when the trip seems sooooo far away.....

I LOVED the 'month before the cruise' time! Have you signed up for the meet and mingle?? Are you posting here: Click here: Serenade 12/02/06...Anyone else booked yet? - Cruise Critic Message Boards

I met a group going on the same cruise and we posted for months before the trip. THE MONTH BEFORE was such an exciting time on the boards.

ENJOY now, it's going to come and go before you know it.

Archived