• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

sexy holloween costumes for kids

derf5585

This is something I noticed as well! I don't have any kids yet, but I've already sworn that if I ever have a daughter, she will be the most modestly dressed preteen in the world. And she can hate me all she wants.:D (I'm a teacher, so I have practice saying "no"- hopefully I will be able to do that with my own kids!)

I think it's sad that little girls are encouraged to dress skanky.:( And I don't understand why parents allow it!:confused:

From the beginning I have told DD my thoughts on Halloween. That it is meant to scare...so we do scary costumes. She agrees and each year we do a girlish spin on something scary. Black Cat, Witch, Devil and Skeleton. She is covered next to ankles and all the way to wrists in each costume. Helps that I make them also. This year we are doing girl pirate. I am still trying to get the costume ready......

One thing that also helps is that it is cold usually up here....so winter coat either goes on outside or under costume (our pirate may be wearing a turtleneck).

Couldn't imagine seeing her in that type of costume. Gives me the shivers.

Happy ks - I also love being called a mean mom (clothing wise).

I have been reading and enjoying your posts for a long time and not until I just read your link to an article in the Delaware State News, did I realize you were from Wilmington!!! I'm from Newark (actually Hockessin). I use to live in North Wilmington. What a small world we live in! Or in our case, what a small State we live in! ;)

I have been reading and enjoying your posts for a long time and not until I just read your link to an article in the Delaware State News, did I realize you were from Wilmington!!! I'm from Newark (actually Hockessin). I use to live in North Wilmington. What a small world we live in! Or in our case, what a small State we live in! ;)

I'm in "Green Acres". If you are brave enuf shoot me an email and maybe we can get aquainted. Just be warned I am very shy and introverted. Derfette is the outgoing better half.

Oh my Gosh! The plot thickens! My sister-in-law lived in Green Acres for about 20 years! My sister-in-law lived on Athens Drive. She recently moved to Devon (off of Shipley Road). We lived in North Graylyn Crest till about 20 years ago! I have to run right now. My daughter is heading out to do the "halloween loop" tonight. I have to see her off! I'll catch up with you later though!

Perhaps what I saw last night will portend the future of these young girls who are wearing sexy halloween costumes now.

Attended a Halloween party last night at a restuarant/nightclub which features a yearly costume contest. Both men and women were wearing some great looking, clever and unusual outfits. And now for the winner ....a woman in her 60's (am doing her a favor here) dressed as a sexy nurse carrying a pink Doctor's bag which said "*****" in large letters.

Seems like the message here is Sex Sells.....it's so sad to see little girls being trained so young....it's really up to the parents.

Well, guess what?! I was born in Wilmington. My son was born in Christiana hospital. Dad graduated Dickinson and Mom graduated McKean. All of my family is in Stanton and Newark. ;) In 2004 I was in Delaware during Halloween. I couldn't believe how girls that couldn't have been more than 9 were wearing scuzzy Britney Spears type costumes. I was so shocked. Luckily, that trend hasn't hit here yet. Although for our area trick or treating starts in 2 hours so we shall see. :eek:

Out here in cheesehead land I frequently hear "what state is Delaware in?" :eek: Dela-where?!

:D

Archived