RCCL Swirl Martini Glasses

masonpips

I brought home one of those glasses from my last cruise. I packed it into my carryon bag. At the airport when it was going through x-ray, security opened the bag to look at it because they said they were suspicious of it. I guess because of the shape and swirls who knows what it looked like on the x-ray screen. Next time, I will pack it in my luggage.

I brought home one or two my first cruise. Then last cruise on the last day we worked on getting the rest to make 2 sets. Our pool waiter was in on the ordeal too. I can't remember now which color it was, but one was hard to find. He made it his mission to get one for us. :D

Also, they washed them and put them in a box to bring home. This is a must. We had the box and then we had a stray out of the box. Anything not boxed, broke.

we had them last October & this Sept on the Rhapsody. We learned that we could trade in the plastic pool ones at the Schooner bar and that is how we met our FAVORITE bar tender CHAN. He is the greatest & makes up drinks like you wouldn't believe. If you're ever on the ROS tell him 1 of the NOT twins says hi!!! We even picked up left behind plastic ones at the pool & traded them in. We also collected the colored loving cups that they serve the after dinner liquors in the dining room. Loved the idea about serving shrimp out of the swirlie glasses. Also have 1 of the martini glasses, will have to work on getting more---hmm on a 16 day cruise I bet I can get quite a few!!!! Last year when we went with most of my sibs & thier kids, they all did multiple excursions, but 1 sister & I only did 2---swim with the stingrays & the bar!!!!! I didn't realize they had orange until they had none left in October---guess their were too many UT fans on the ship.

We came home with a few of these glasses as well! They were a big hit with our family and friends when we served drinks to them while having summer bbq's with a cruising theme. We also came home with some of the plastic tall RC glasses with short stems. Thanks for sharing your glass find with us.

Cruiser052

On the Vision last August one of the ladies in the perfume shop bubble wrapped a set of these for my friend. Very nice. They made it home without any problems. If they don't have a box, you might want to try that.

Hehe....my boyfriend and I were on a mission to get a set of 6 of these on our last day (that's when we first discovered them) on the Radiance in 2004. It's funny that I've come across this thread because we were raking leaves yesterday and I found a yellow one underneath the deck?!?! Hmm....anyway, also on the Royal Caribbean glassware note, two nights ago one of my hurricane glasses broke. It slid off our wine rack - those arent easy to get home!! I'll just have to get more in January but it still made me sniffle a bit. :D

Laura

In Oct 2004 on the Rhapsody, they were serving 'Love Connections' in these glasses; which didn't show up til mid-week.

We got 2 Love Connections. Then I realized I would need at least 2 more for the kids and us. So we got 2 more. Then I thought, that '4 isn't a very friendly number', so we got 2 more Love Connections. Then I thought 'hey, I usually have more than 6 people over at a time, I better get a couple more'.

Long story short, I think we ended up with 12! Our cabin looked like Pottery Barn exploded by the end of the cruise. And the kids love eating mashed potatoes, pudding, or just drinking juice out of them; they feel very grown up!

I like those glasses, but I'm not a drinker. I've always wondered if it was okay to take empty drink-of-the-day glasses that are left behind on the tables. Is it okay to take them?

The people who leave them behind obviously don't know they paid for them. I did take an empty glass when I saw one because if you don't someone else will. I saw someone put two down and walk away so I told them they were theirs to keep, they paid for them. I think A LOT of people don't know that. You can always order a non-alcoholic drink in those glasses if you don't find any left behind.:D

We discovered the swirl martini glasses near the end of our Freedom cruise last month and came home with only three. Last week I had Mexican food at On the Border and noticed that they serve some of their drinks in the same kind of glass. Does anyone know who is the supplier? They look like Mexican glass. For those of you who have bought them by the box, what does the label say? I might try to buy them ashore rather than run the risk of breaking them in my luggage coming back from our next cruise in March.

We discovered the swirl martini glasses near the end of our Freedom cruise last month and came home with only three. Last week I had Mexican food at On the Border and noticed that they serve some of their drinks in the same kind of glass. Does anyone know who is the supplier? They look like Mexican glass. For those of you who have bought them by the box, what does the label say? I might try to buy them ashore rather than run the risk of breaking them in my luggage coming back from our next cruise in March.

I've seen something similar at Cinco Soles in Cozumel. Don't recall the price, but will check next week.

• 2 weeks later...
The glasses are very cool looking.. Did you buy them on the cruise?

alot of people do not know that when you buy a drink in a glass, ANY DRINK, not just the drink of the day, the glass is yours to keep.. I heard many people saying they were gonna sneak them home, as they did not know they were already theirs to keep.. the only exception are glasses used in the dining room, those you can not keep. all others are yours.. it is surprising how many are laying all over the decks as people do not know they bought them. If you already have tons of them as we do, ask for your class in a plastic cup, and the cost is less and you can throw the plastic cup out. The glasses used in schooner's bar and champaigne lounge are very nice also. and yes, you keep the glass... any one you get is yours to keep :)

what many people do not know is that any drink served in a "glass" glass of any type, (except in the dining room) is yours to keep.. they charge for the glass when you buy the drink, and so many people do not know this and leave them around the pool deck and such.. they re-wash them when found and resell them again.. quite a monopoly... but they do not advertise that all the glasses are yours to keep..I brought home a set of swirl glasses on my very first cruise, and thought I was stealig them, just to find out that they were mine all along. we have many styles and alot of the glass hurricane glasses as well. we left many behind on the last cruise because we have so many I did not want more.. you can ask for your drinks in a regular cup and then you are not charged for the fancy glass.. drinks are about 4.25 in a regular cup.

happy glass collecting to all :):)

Very interesting that you are "buying the glass" with the drink. Where did you find that info?

We got ours on our 2004 Legend of the Seas cruise.... we didn't discover them until the middle.... and they only had green left, so only got the two. I really do hope they keep them around at least until next summer... I know I can buy them on ebay, but it isn't nearly as fun as having them arrive at the pool with a Love Connection or a Mango Tango inside!

I use mine for many things.... the traditional margarita, candy dishes, salsa dishes, dip bowls.

Archived