• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

presidential family suite

My extended family and I have been thinking about booking the PFS. It actually seems like a good value if you already have to book 5 rooms to fit everyone.(a little over $1000 pp)

I can't believe they chose to put it on deck 6. Isn't that the deck that all the aft balcony views are ruined by the "grey area of ugly-ness"?

Does the Freedom/Liberty also have this grey area, or is it just the Voyager class?

Does anyone here have any information on this room?

Yes, Mom, this one-of-a-kind suite has been put in the least desirable location on the ship.

Our family has booked this suite for a get together next fall, and I have done tons of research on it. I was in the minority with my vote against booking this suite. Indeed, the view from the huge balcony includes the famous useless gray area and the sky view blocked by the bird cage of structural steel.

I am sure that a family could come up with some alternative ideas for booking a trip together by studying the deck plans and choosing a large suite or two and some adjacent inside staterooms. The views would be better, and the family would be closer to elevators and access to the rest of the ship!

Leslie

There is no way I would share any cabin of any size with that many people. I suppose I'm too private, I have a hard time sharing a bathroom with even my own kids.

Who gets the largest bedroom? Who gets the room with the twin beds? Who has to get stuck on the sofa bed?

Why not all get your own private room and get together in an area on the public decks? I enjoy travelling with family, but I need to get away from them, too. We aren't joined at the hip when vacationing together and find we all get along better that way. In the morning, I want to wake and have my coffee in private, until I become a human being, I'd sneer at anyone who joined me in the shared living room.

I've seen pictures of this suite and it is lovely. I'd only do it with my immediate family or one other couple.

if so we had one on adventure last year on deck 8. The view was fine on this deck, you were high enough that you didn't really notice the gray area below. We had six in the room and gave the master bed and bath to my in-laws. My husband, I and two kids took the quad bunk bed room. That way the living room never had to be made up from a bed etc. The suite was nice but I would never do this again. I felt like I was always having to entertain my in-laws. This was their first cruise and we took them as guests. By the end of the week I was ready for a vacation:eek: Next time we will have separate cabins.

if so we had one on adventure last year on deck 8. The view was fine on this deck, you were high enough that you didn't really notice the gray area below. We had six in the room and gave the master bed and bath to my in-laws. My husband, I and two kids took the quad bunk bed room. That way the living room never had to be made up from a bed etc. The suite was nice but I would never do this again. I felt like I was always having to entertain my in-laws. This was their first cruise and we took them as guests. By the end of the week I was ready for a vacation:eek: Next time we will have separate cabins.

No, it's a totally different suite only on the freedom class ships. the royal family suite has only 2 bedrooms, the Presidential family suite has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, plus livingroom with sofa bed, dining room and a huge deck with private hot tub.

The PFS will actually be too small if you fill it to capacity. The living room/dining room areas can't possibly accommodate all of you comfortably. The balcony however is great, and is plenty big for all occupants to sit comfortably... if you want to see pics of the PFS, go to:

http://community.webshots.com/user/rdeagazio

Wow,great pictures! Thank you!

You're right, the living area looks really small considering how many people this cabin holds!

Picture#60 answered my question about the view!

YUCK!!!!!!

Could there be any more metal and grey cement obstucting the view?

How disappointing for people paying $12-14,000 to have this suite!

Thanks for letting me know the difference in suites. I haven't checked into the freedom yet, we're doing jewel over thanksgiving. That's quite a suite though but I agree I would not be happy with the view from the balcony. Also it seems really full of furniture out there. How many people does it hold?

Archived