Shoe question

I just got my beautiful gold dress shoes from Zappos! Love them! BUT.....I have a small delimma. I need a WW. Bought a 7 1/2 WW. Width is perfect, but the shoe is a wee bit long...ie my foot slides to the front of the shoe with some space left at the back. I would usually send them back and exchange them for a 7 WW. However,my feet tend to swell in the ocean air. My question is, do any of you have any ideas to help me decide weather to exchange or keep them in hopes when my feet swell they will fit better? Or is there possibly a removable insert that could help.

Here is a pic of the shoes. with the open design. I'm not sure an insert would help...but maybe someone out there has had this problem too.

Thanks for any help you can give. We leave in 3 weeks, and Idon't want to put it off if I need to exchange them.

3034-228850-d.jpg

I bought them before the shoes even arrived. I tried them on with my dress, and panty hose. They do fit better, but the straps needs an extra hole in them. I think I'll keep them.

Question about the gel inserts...I got the Dr, Scholls ones. Can they be moved from shoe to shoe, or do I need a seperate pair for my blk, dress shoes?( which I have yet to buy....thought my exsisting pair would work. But they look like grandma shoes...not that that's bad...I'm a fluffy grandma It's just not too sexy to wear grandma shoes with a formal if ya know what I mean...LOL

Thank BlueHerons for your help.

The full gel insoles can be switched from shoe to shoe, but I've found that the heel parts stick to the shoes and you need them for each pair.

While we're on the subject, does anyone have any good ideas for making shoes that fall off the back fit better? My feet are slim and it's hard to find dress flats that stay on when I take a step! (I usually go with mary janes or strappy heels, because the strap keeps them on.) Just curious to see if there's anything out there to fix the shoes I have that fall off. (the gel heel things don't work- the shoes are still too loose and they're my size!)

I swear by Insolia's, they stick to the shoe, so I have several pair already installed in my dressiest (highest) heels.

http://www.insolia.com/

They don't carry anything for the back, but I know I've had the problem before and you can get heel inserts, too. The ones I've gotten have been from Nordstrom, they give them to you free when you purchase your shoes there. I'm sure there are other brands out there.

I swear by Insolia's, they stick to the shoe, so I have several pair already installed in my dressiest (highest) heels.

http://www.insolia.com/

They don't carry anything for the back, but I know I've had the problem before and you can get heel inserts, too. The ones I've gotten have been from Nordstrom, they give them to you free when you purchase your shoes there. I'm sure there are other brands out there.

I just ordered the 3 pair set of insolia! I hope they work as well as they say they do!

I bought the Insola's too.

They're fine for filling up space in the shoe (I have a narrow foot and often need to do that). However their claim that they make shoes more comfortable, just doesn't hold true for my experiences with them.

In your situation, here's what I'd do......

I'd order the pair of 7WW from Zappos and bring both on your cruise. See which ones fit better on the cruise and then return the unworn pair when you get home.

My guess is that if the 7WW fit better at home, they'll fit better on your cruise too. Even if you feet swell, they get "fatter" not longer.

I bought them before the shoes even arrived. I tried them on with my dress, and panty hose. They do fit better, but the straps needs an extra hole in them. I think I'll keep them.

A shoe repair store can easily bore an extra hole in the strap if you need it and you think it will solve the problem.

Archived