• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Star Princess spa

Smasher

What's you're experience with the spa on the Star Princess? (Or any Princess ship for that matter).

Being a guy, I don't care about the hair salon or mud rubs or nail clippings and foot polishing, but rather, the saunas and steam rooms.

The saunas and steam rooms on the last Carnival and RCCL cruises we took were located in the men's and women's locker rooms just off the spa area and were available at no charge.

When we sailed on Celebrity's Millenium a couple years ago, they had a separate steam area where they charged $10-15 per day, or $100 for the week. We opted for the $100 charge and used it every day. $200 well spent. Quiet and peaceful and never crowded, I think the charge scared people off and kept the riff-raff out (except for me).

So having never sailed on Princess before, I'm just wondering if the Star's steamrooms/saunas are more like Carnival's (free and gender segregated) or like Celebrity's (more elaborate, fee charged and co-ed -- at least the steam area was co-ed).

Thanks. . .

Princess offers free use steam and saunas on all their ships. On the Star they are in the men and woman's locker rooms. Very nice areas. For an extra charge or if you have a spa service booked that day you can utilize the the speciality steam rooms (3 of them), rain showers and hot steam beds.

You can pre-book spa services on Princess.com, or they do run a fair number of port day specials (much better deals in my opinion). I always get the hot rock massage on each trip. It's fantastic, spendee, but well worth it.

I enjoyed the Star Princess and the Lotus Spa very much. Hope you do as well.:)

Archived