honeymoon ?

lil nemo

What is the actual possibility that a honeymooner would be upgraded from an inside cabin to a balcony/suite? Is there some way to help this along.

It's my nephews 1st cruise ever and it will be there honeymoon. and someone has told them they are most likely be upgraded. so they are booking a bottom end cabin that I think they will be disappointed in when they don't get upgraded.

Help, i want them to have a super time!

TIA

From an inside to a balcony/suite - no chance. They might have a shot at being upgraded to an outside cabin but that's about it. They are not going to get upgraded to a cabin that can be sold for 3x what they are paying.

Yeah, i didn't really think that was a reality statement.

I'm gonna check on the room rate and upgrade them myself as a wedding gift. is there anyone In the RCI group that you could drop the info with to possibly encourage the cruise lines to be extra nice????

They most likely will be disappointed. If they want a better cabin than an inside (and on their honeymoon, they should!!) then they need to book it! It would be horrible to spend your whole honeymoon in a dark closet!

we would never go back to an inside!! I so want them to have the best time ever!! and to love it!

I'm gonna check on the room rate and upgrade them myself as a wedding gift. is there anyone In the RCI group that you could drop the info with to possibly encourage the cruise lines to be extra nice????

That is such generous gift!!!!! Why don't you call RCCL and tell them about your nephew and his new bride. Maybe they can do something special for them. I think I read there is a honeymooners party onboard also so you might want to check that out too.

Sue

That is such generous gift!!!!! Why don't you call RCCL and tell them about your nephew and his new bride. Maybe they can do something special for them. I think I read there is a honeymooners party onboard also so you might want to check that out too.

Sue

when they actually settle on a ship i will definately do that! I'm also contacting there TA today since they didn't even mention it to the TA!

Not sure what ship you are on...we just got off our honeymoon cruise on the mariner...We got a coupon for free champagne in Portofino's on the first night, and the second night there was a honeymoon party, not a big deal though...they did a couple of raffles, had free glasses of champagne, and opened up the dancefloor for a few love songs and had a giant cake for everyone to share. It was still cool though to meet up with the other honeymooners, but that was the extent of what they did.

When is their honeymoon going to be? Upgrades are rare on RCCL in any case and if they're traveling at a busy time of the year there would be even less of a chance of an upgrade. Also, they definitely need to tell their TA that it's their honeymoon.

That is so sweet and generous. You could always arrange for them to have Champagne and strawberries for sailaway too! But then hopefully RCCL will do something like that for them anyhow.

I agree with everyone else they will be extremely lucky to get an upgrade.

Archived