Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honeymoon Prince(ss)

Dance Team/Instructors

Judith,

You seem to be able to find out ANYTHING! :)

Any idea who the Dance Instructor will be on 6230? My two left feet and my Princess need help to be presetable on the dance floor in public.:eek:

Craig

It isn't listed yet. I'll see if I can find out. I know it will not be our two of our favorites: the Longs (they have retired from cruising) or Paul Zeidman and Cheryl Smith (they just finished their contract and are their way back to Australia). There are several others who are equally excellent.

I've heard back. They are in negotiations with a new dance team and will let me know in a week or so. When I hear, I'll pass it on. ATS, I would doubt it would be Paul and Cheryl as they just finished one contract and usually there is a space of two/three months before another one begins.

Just read their webblog and they will be back on the Symphony on January 4th!!!!

Nancy

I found this exciting couple that have been in many competitions posted on the Internet. Surely they can traind my feet, and maybe my head!!!

Noel von Kauffmann and Victoria von Kauffmann

I had googled them also, and was not sure if this was the couple. If so, they are quite young and have won all sorts of competitions from waltz to paso ..., jive, cha cha, etc. If it is them, they are in their early to mid 20's, and they won the overall competition for Dancesport held at the University of Maryland.

Just read Paul Zaidman and Cheryl Smith's blog----they won't be returning to Crystal in January. Sounds like they have some exciting land-based ventures in their near future. I know they'll be missed! Good Luck to them!

Randy

Just read Paul Zaidman and Cheryl Smith's blog----they won't be returning to Crystal in January. Sounds like they have some exciting land-based ventures in their near future. I know they'll be missed! Good Luck to them!

Randy

Sorry to hear this. It must have been farily sudden - I had an e-mail from Cheryl in late November saying they were looking forward to being back on the Symphony. I'll certainly miss them, as I do the Longs, but its understandable that they would be looking to stay put for a while after so many long stints at sea.

I have no doubt Crystal will find first-rate replacements.

Any recent (post re-fit) Symphony cruisers got to know the new dance team? Any impressions?

Just curious, as I'm on the February 11th MIA-LA cruise. I'm sure they will be up to Crystal's usual high standards.

By the way, I recently received an e-mail from Margaret Long. She and Tony are still in the UK awaiting final visa arrangements, but hope to be in Arizona soon.

The Longs and the Kents from Australia have been our favorites as well as Curtis and Natalie. This new couple are young and excellent dancers. We took lessons from the others but not these two so I can't comment on that. We were so busy on 6230 that we just didn't have time for the lessons. I wish Crystal could invent a 28 hour day so we could fit everything in.

We were on cruise 6222, and Noel and Victoria were the dancing teachers, and I'm sorry to say they were not the equal of the Longs, or Paul and Cheryl. They were wonderful dancers and nice people but they just weren't very good teachers--mainly because they tried to teach too much in the 45 minute session, and no one could remember anything the next day. Of course they knew the steps, but they had difficulty conveying the actions to us. Sorry to say that while we love learning to dance, we stopped going to the classes after 3 sessions.

We had Robert and Joanna as dance instructors on a European cruise this past summer. They too were lacking in teaching skills. These two were absolutely fantastic dancers, but Robert had limited English skills, and Joanna just wasn't a teacher. I'll miss the Longs. Their classes were well structured, organized, and great fun.

Don't know how many of you are on Paul and Cheryl's e-mail list, but thought those of you who know them would be interested in the news that Paul has been selected for the next Austraian production of Dancing With The Stars. Following is e-mail I just received:

Dear Dear friends.

My catchphrase in life has always been Dream, Believe, Achieve, Succeed.

Yesterday was simply another example of the power of dreams.

The phone call finally came and the meeting an hour later.

"Paul would you like to be on our next series of Dancing With The Stars?"

"Is that a trick question?!" "hell yaaaaa"

Man I couldn't believe it. Great news.

Then came even better news.

" oh and by the way will you be OK with Kimberley Davies as your partner?"

....................So after I picked my mouth up off the floor.............I said "ya that's cool".

So I thought the second I get home I have to tell the whole world.

Well what can i say, I'm ecstatic, I'm over the moon.

I could hardly speak when the call came.

So from here on its heads down to work cos you know that when they take the leash off me they will get everything and more.

If your not in Australia you can still catch the episodes as they happen on the Internet. Just google Dancing With The Stars Australia and click on the link.

They update it all the time.

Well wish me luck and please send all the sms votes you can cos its gonna be a tough one.

Until we speak again

Lots of love

Paul Zaidman (and Cheree Smith)

Crystal website has very recently named "Alex & Felicity" as dance team on Symphony Voyage 7204. Names aren't familiar to me - anybody know them?

Most likely names turned up in quick Google search: Alex White and Felicity Rogers from New Zealand. Both appear to be well-known Tango dancers in NZ, although not with each other.