wheelchair accessable room

nikita

We just got our room confirmation in the mail and noticed we booked a wheelchair accessable room. We are not handicapped so I was wondering if this would be a problem. I booked the room online not realizing it was a handicapped room (you can hardly see the symbol!) - just booked it for the location and because it looked like a bigger room and balcony - obviously now I know why. Has anyone ever booked a room such as this without being handicapped? Should we try and get another room so this one would be open to someone who really needs it? Just don't know what to do...don't want to give up the good location if we don't have to but feel bad if it isn't available to someone who really needs it. Thank you for any advice you can give us.

I couldn't agree more that IF NEEDED this room should be made available. However, I was once placed in a handicapped room on a Guarantee Reservation. When we boarded and realized what had happened we went to Guest Services and offered up the room if it was needed. They told us that there was not a need on our particular sailing and we stayed in the room.

I would suggest you call Princess and tell them that if they have a request for a room you would be glad to move to a different location, that way if there is not a need you can stay put in your current location on the ship.

Archived