Dining room menu in cabin?

Tinknock50

Why do some pay more for cabins?

Well the simple answer is the Sweet Suite Life..thats why they charge more and get it.. the perks set the cabins and benefits apart.

Having a menu delivered nightly is a Suite Benefit..

Maybe if you tipped more then they would too show you..

or just look online the Menu does not change much so just print then out on your printer and review them so you know whats coming for Dinner/Lunch and/or Breakfast...

:cool:

I was thinking of having the Dining Room menu left in my cabin every night.

Has anyone ever requested this? I am not in a suite.

Will be on the Oosterdam December 9th!

One of life's little rules: If you don't ask, you don't get. No harm in trying, but I wouldn't bet the rent you'll get it, either.

Usually the dinner menu is posted outside the dining room very early in the day. It wasn't on the Zaandam last month, but that was the first time I hadn't seen it there.

It's also available in the bars at some point by late morning.

Here's a little secret just between us: each night, when the wine steward brings the chit to sign, ask to see the wine list and the next night's menu then order your wine. Not only are you sure of getting your wine right away, you can also decide whether it might be a good night to pass up the DR for somewhere else...

Sean,

Your Mom is going correct? Because of her special needs and your need for planning here food out properly it is important for you to have the menus in advance. I bet if you talk nicely with the Maitre d you can get the menus ahead of time. Just ask and give the reason why. I know that you plan on eating in the cabin part of the time also and this will help you.

Sean,

Your Mom is going correct? Because of her special needs and your need for planning here food out properly it is important for you to have the menus in advance. I bet if you talk nicely with the Maitre d you can get the menus ahead of time. Just ask and give the reason why. I know that you plan on eating in the cabin part of the time also and this will help you.

Just off the Oosterdam today. A gentleman at our table was on a low sodium diet (and maybe some other problem as well) and the waiter brought him the next day's menu with his dessert so that he could mark his choices, and his food could be prepared properly.

Food was very good in the dining room, and you also can eat 6:30 to 8:30 in Lido with tablecloths, too. Lido (same menu but limited) had fabulous prime rib, same as d.r.. Ate in Lido several evenings so as not to miss our music. Sushi and Asian station at lunch was super good, as was the strawberry and raspberry soft serve.

Assume you know you can order dinner in your cabin during regular dining room hours. Same food, nice and hot. And the steak sandwich on the regular cabin room service menu was yummy good.

Bev

Does any one have the Oosterdam room service menu?

Read through some of the current threads. The room service menu was posted, then linked to recently (within the last 2-3 days).

CAN YOU REALLY get ding room food in your cabin?

Yes, yes, yes. Order within the first half-hour of early sitting (or earlier) for a delivery at the time of your choice.

Sean,

That's a good point ,Steve. I was thinking about mentioning my Mom's special needs. They probably would be more accomodating on that basis.

I probably would use the Lido a lot too. But on formal nights I would not want to miss the crab legs or lobster. If I could have those in my cabin, that would be great.

Just off the Oosterdam today. A gentleman at our table was on a low sodium diet (and maybe some other problem as well) and the waiter brought him the next day's menu with his dessert so that he could mark his choices, and his food could be prepared properly.

Food was very good in the dining room, and you also can eat 6:30 to 8:30 in Lido with tablecloths, too. Lido (same menu but limited) had fabulous prime rib, same as d.r.. Ate in Lido several evenings so as not to miss our music. Sushi and Asian station at lunch was super good, as was the strawberry and raspberry soft serve.

Assume you know you can order dinner in your cabin during regular dining room hours. Same food, nice and hot. And the steak sandwich on the regular cabin room service menu was yummy good.

Bev

Bev,

Great to hear a first hand report from the Oosterdam.:)

The carving stations in the lido were wonderful on the Zaandam.

Good to hear the Oosterdam is the same.

If the weather is nice enough I might eat out on our balcony.:)

That's a good point ,Steve. I was thinking about mentioning my Mom's special needs. They probably would be more accomodating on that basis.

I probably would use the Lido a lot too. But on formal nights I would not want to miss the crab legs or lobster. If I could have those in my cabin, that would be great.

Sean,

By all means mention your mother's special needs. I'm fairly sure that they would be willing to accomodate you. I have been seated for dinner with some people who were diabetic and they were able to view the menu for the next evening's dinner, as mentioned above.

Have a great cruise and enjoy all you meals, no matter where you eat them.

Valerie:)

Archived