Cabins on Pacific Star

howsthis

Overal the two boats are quite similar. Pacific Star is oviously smaller than Pacific Sun so the facilities are just on a smaller scale. The cabins on Star I found to be a bit smaller than Sun but not by much. The bed arrangments were really the only thing that is really different. On star the beds are under the window as apposed to sun putting them on the side walls. I also thought that sun had more wardrobe space but not by much. So overal the cabin and facilities are almost the same just toned down a bit on star because of the size difference :)

We had an inside cabin on the Star this time and it was tiny compared to the cabin we had on the Sun. It was also smaller than our outside cabin last time.

There was only about 2 feet of space between the beds and although there were 4 wardrobes 2 were bigger than others and the smallest had an angle door so that the hangers wouldn't hang properly.

Our outside cabin on Star was smaller, but only slightly so, than our inside cabin on Sun.

But, I think a lot of that difference was because on Sun we had 2 single beds configured at right angles, one parallel to the back wall and one parallel to the side wall, giving us more floor space, but on Star we had a double bed.

Kym

The Star is a little narrower than the Sun. I found the most of the difference to be in the bathroom (the toilet is almost right up against the wall) and the wardrobe space. The Sun had a nifty little storage place right behind the door where you could store suitcases. We found this wasn't a problem on the Star as the cases could slide under the bed.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived