All paid

suexxx

Have just retuned from travel agent where I made our final payment for our 1st cruise in Feb2007. Now to look at all the wonderful excursions on offer. Will definatly do Petit Train. Will read all of your reviews again to get ideas. Suexxx

There is nothing like that feeling of making that last payment... Then it's time to save the spending money! Thanks to some bonuses from work I have managed to pay off my Easter cruise already...

La Petite Train is definitely the best tour in Noumea and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't been there before. There are plenty of great photo opportunities (you could be like me and take a photo of the house next to the oldest house in Noumea, still a family joke!) and it has a fantastic atmosphere.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

There is nothing like that feeling of making that last payment... Then it's time to save the spending money! Thanks to some bonuses from work I have managed to pay off my Easter cruise already...

La Petite Train is definitely the best tour in Noumea and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't been there before. There are plenty of great photo opportunities (you could be like me and take a photo of the house next to the oldest house in Noumea, still a family joke!) and it has a fantastic atmosphere.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Lucky you.....I am only half way through paying our Easter cruise. Am waiting on a nice little tax refund which will go straight onto the cruise and finalise it for me....then onto spending money and with such a big group I have a feeling we will be giving the old cruise cards a huge bashing!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait.:) :) :) :)

Isle of Pines is absolutely beautiful, we did'nt do a tour there, just enjoyed the snorkelling, great!! Mystery Island is also great for snorkelling and swimming and just sitting under a palm tree! havent been to Lifou, and Noumea and Vila we just do our own thing, but if it is your first time I would suggest a half day city type tour at each, and spend the other half shopping in Vila and at the beach area of Anse Vata in Noumea. You'll have plenty of time for the water activities in Lifou,Mystery and Isle de Pines Save your shopping for Vila! I did do the Ameedee Lighthouse tour in Noumea once and loved it, though it is a full day and a bit expensive if there are more than one of you.

Cheryl

We will be on the 19th of Feb one(Native Beats). Any excursion recommendations would be great. Noumea-vila-isle of pines- lifou- mystery island. Suexxx

Lifou is my favourite island, I just loved it. Did the Cliffs of Jonkin tour, had to walk down about 200 steps down the cliff, I got to about 100 then ripped my gear off and dove off the cliff, (lucky was pre-warned to wear bathers)it was just awesome. Unfortunatly I had to climb back up all 200 steps. Good snorkeling in Lifou too.

Hi Sue

I went to Noumea in June with 3 girlfriends. We decided to go on a tour we booked in the terminal part when we got off the ship, it was $30, lasted 3 hours and took us everywhere, including up to the mountains. The tour guide Viv was great, she showed and told us about yhings like where the poor lived in these shanty towns etc. When we got back we found we saw much more than the P&O organised trip saw.

Apart from that the 4th friend went on a day tour over to an island (it was the one for $144). She said it was the best day she'd ever had with the food, island entertainment, and she said the snorkelling with fish was the best out of the whole trip. She said there were these little snakes everywhere you had to step over.. a bit of a shock at first but she got used to them.

I didn't go on any tours from Isle of Pines but some who did said it wasn't much chop. Its lovely enough there to walk around and go swimming anyway.

You'll have a great time!

We will be on the 19th of Feb one(Native Beats). Any excursion recommendations would be great. Noumea-vila-isle of pines- lifou- mystery island. Suexxx

That sounds like a great combination of islands. I love Lifou too. I noticed that not too many cruises go there.

I did the Le petit train shore excursion too and I loved it. Lots of good photo opportunities!

Mystery Island and Isle of Pines are beautiful too. Villa great for duty free and I love the atmosphere there! :)

Archived