• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Orient Beach Clothed Section Info

We went to Orient Beach a couple of years ago and were dropped off a little to close to the Nudest end. We want to go back, but I couldn't remember what section I need to ask for, furthest away from the nudest resort.

Thanks

We went to Orient Beach a couple of years ago and were dropped off a little to close to the Nudest end. We want to go back, but I couldn't remember what section I need to ask for, furthest away from the nudest resort. Thanks

Orient Beach is at the most southern part of the bay. You were probably dropped off a Pedro's which is a main taxi "stand" if it was "too close". So tell them you want to be farther north.

On the attached map, the naturist (nudist) beach is a the "H" under "Orient Beach" on the map.

652910023_StMaartenMap.jpg.166b26dcf86003e874068c034f09bf93.jpg

indeed the nudiest are all the way to the right when you look at the water, i have been to the beach on 5 occaisions and you just never know what you will see sometimes i have walked to the left side and seen more nudeity there, it all depends on your luck, i think the bikini beach bar was decent though, or even the one the ship takes you to

Orient beach is technically in France, so you may see some boobies. IMO people shouldn't go to a beach in France if they have any concerns about seeing a little something extra. I think we're too knotted up in the states about seeing bodies. We see plenty of perfect airbrushed skin in advertising and on the sides of buses but real bodies just scare the bejesus out of us. I think it's silly and unhealthy.

Whew, this is my second soapbox tonight. Somebody stop me.

btw, I think the naturist resort is the southern part of the beach so go north to get farther away from that.

Best wishes all.

Thanks so much for the Info. I had forgotten Bikini Beach. We will try and go there. When we went a couple of years ago we got used to seeing the nudes, I just don't want to be in the middle of a whole bunch of them.

Does anyone know if there are any shops in the beach area worth going to?

We always take a minivan from the taxi stand at the pier in St Martin to Orient Beach. We always manage to join other people so we get the lower per person rate. We just say Orient Beach and in the 3-4+ times they always leave us off at the same spot. Not too much nudity there.

Yes we see a few people walk by in various levels of undress. Pretty much the same level (or possibly even less topless women) that we see at most Caribbean ports. Only exception is a couple people bottonless. Mostly it has been a couple of topless women, once or twice a woman with no bottom on, but usually we see some old, heavier, beer bellied, wrinkled man strutin' his stuff. All it does is make you smile and giggle a little!

tents and chairs. Our guide told us that the maroon chairs and tents were the non nude. BUT, you may see some topless walking up and down the beach. We saw a few topless people. Some looked good, some needed some ironing....lol

I believe the maroon chairs are on Waikiki Beach. And we also saw some naked people walking along the water

But to be clear, folks still walk up and down the beach in various state of dress. I have seen nudes walking up and down the beach in most areas that are away from Club Orient.:eek: ;)

To be very clear, all beaches on the French side of the island allow topless female sunbathing along the entire length of the beaches. Period. There is no "clothed" area in that regard. However, the Club Orient section and those closest to it will have more fully nude people. Fully nude people do stroll the length of the beach, it's not illegal, but also not encouraged. BTW, Club Orient is fully clothing optional, not a nudist resort. There is a difference.

Several of the beaches on the Dutch side also allow topless/nude sunbathing. In particular, Cupecoy is known for allowing full nudity, and Sunset Beach Bar at Maho Beach honors their policy that "topless women drink for free." So, you really can't guarantee no toplessness on any beach on the island. It's simply the culture and custom. (And I agree that if anyone is offended by that, no problem, that's their right. But neither do they don't get to complain about it or try to enforce their own preferences. The simple answer in that case would be to stay away from the beach.)

Also, there are no requirements for the topless/nude to pass some arbitrary "attractiveness" test, so you will see all sizes, shapes, and ages. In that regard, it's really not so different from any beach. Who hasn't seen a man in a Speedo and wished he would put on more clothing or a woman who really might want to reconsider that teeny, tiny bikini?;)

beachchick

Archived