captains dinner

martymonty

Hi

I will be on the celebration in a few weeks and just wondering if every ship has a captains dinner and what night is the dinner?

Stephanie :)

Every ship has a Gala Captains Cocktail Party, always in conjunction with the first formal night, which is always the second night on the ship. Never heard any other schedule reported.

I'm doing a 3-day on the Sensation on December 7, 2006 and someone had posted the capers from their 8/31, 9/1, 9/2 cruise (do a search for "Sensation Capers"). I was really surprised to see that on the Sensation 3-day cruise, the Captain's Dinner is actually the last night (Saturday). This will be my 24th Carnival cruise and I agree with the other posters, the "formal" night is usually the 2nd night, I have never seen a formal night on the last night. When I get back, I'll let you all know if this was the case on my cruise too.

I took the 8 day cruise on the Legend in August. We had two formal nights. The first formal night was the second night. The last formal night was the second to last night. So, in other words the formal nights were day 2 and day 7.

• 1 month later...
I'm doing a 3-day on the Sensation on December 7, 2006 and someone had posted the capers from their 8/31, 9/1, 9/2 cruise (do a search for "Sensation Capers"). I was really surprised to see that on the Sensation 3-day cruise, the Captain's Dinner is actually the last night (Saturday). This will be my 24th Carnival cruise and I agree with the other posters, the "formal" night is usually the 2nd night, I have never seen a formal night on the last night. When I get back, I'll let you all know if this was the case on my cruise too.

Hi JAXCRUISER;

We are also doing the 3 day Sensation cruise (1/18) and I was wondering what night you had Formal Night. I asked the question on the boards and was told it was the 2nd night but I also saw the 3 day capers. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Archived