Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArizonaRalphie

Another Dumb Question

Is there an area newr the ship where we can store our luggage upon debarcation? We will be doing a one-night "post cruise" on Moorea and really would hate to drag "all" our luggage onto the ferry, over and back, just to give it a ride.

TIA

There are lockers at the airport, along with an area where you can store luggage there while visiting other islands. People always say that no matter what you decide to bring in the first place, take half...

We're just trying to save a trip to the airport to dump the excess luggage then a trip back to the ferry which, I understand is right next to the ship.

We were on the Sept. 25th TP cruise. On the last day in port you have to vacate your cabin by 10:00 AM. There is space provided in the Sterling Steak House to store your luggage until you disembark, The people who were scheduled to be transferred to the airport for the 11:00P flight were bussed around 6:00P to 7:00P to FAA. You can do the Moorea trip, no problem as long as you get back to the dock in Papeete. If your on your own, taxi, it takes at least 3 hours to clear customs, etc. A word of caution, if you buy a liquid, perfume, etc. at FAA they will confiscate it when you go thru security. I saw two people lose their so called duty free purchase. In fact they checked our carry on twice at the airport.:( I lost a sample of fruit liquor purchased on Moorea because I had accidently put it in my carry one. They just laughed as they confiscated it. The liquor went into an office not into a box of other "conficated" items. I told the security people to enjoy their seizure. They just laughed. Complain, duh!!!:eek:

With that said, our cruise was great. We even got to Rangaroa!!! You'll really enjoy the TP.

Howard

If you are staying in Moorea over night I cannot think of anywhere near the ship to store the luggage.

You might want to contact Princess and ask about leaving it in their luggage control area...there is security there surrounding the ship.

I think they expect everyone and their luggage to be gone by 8 pm at night on the day you disembark.

I'm not really sure about this but if your last port of call is Moorea, and it would just be for that last night of the cruise, would your hotel in Moorea allow you to drop it off the night before you check in? That would at least save you from lugging it both ways on the ferry. I mean you would have to put it all out in the hall that same night once you arrive in Papeete, so you would not be missing anything in the luggage that night.

Just a thought.