6 Ships in Georgetown & 5 Ships in Cozumel

flounder315

I just checked a website, and found out that there will be 6 cruise ships in port on 11/23 Grand Cayman and 5 in port 11/24 Cozumel. Has anyone experienced this and how was it? I book 11:15 stingray tour with Captain Marvin's, will we be off the ship and able to make our appointment? :rolleyes:

Before the docks went under Cozumel could handle 9-11 ships at a time. There were different docks for all the ships.

Grand Cayman is always a lot of ships 5-7 is norm

what time does your ship dock in grand cayman and when do you leave??

pay attention to what time the last tender is-- you do not want to miss that tender.

When we were in Grand Cayman there were only 3 and it was still like a ghost town believe it or not, when we went to Cozumel I was in utter shock that there were 5 of them, and again it was completely fine, we were able to do all that we wanted...we didn't know what to do there and we decided to just pick excursions once we got off the ship and we were told about Playa Mia in Cozumel and were going to go there but then when we told the taxi driver about wanting to go there he told us he has a better place that is cheaper. He took us to Paradise Beach...let me just tell you, he made the best choice for us. It was wonderful there, definitely cheaper then playa mia and had all the same stuff, it was not at all as crowded as I would have expected with 5 ships in, ours being the second one in.

There were eight ships in Georgetown when we were there last December. Only three this September.

It was REALLY crowded with eight. Wall to wall people on the sidewalks and lots of traffic. We still had a great time though. :)

That's nothing for Coz. For GC, it REALLY depends on WHICH ships are there, and what time they are leaving. We have left where two LARGE ships were leaving around the same time and waited over an hour for a tender. If that happens again, i won't get off the ship... GC is just not worth it IMHO.

I just checked a website, and found out that there will be 6 cruise ships in port on 11/23 Grand Cayman and 5 in port 11/24 Cozumel. Has anyone experienced this and how was it? I book 11:15 stingray tour with Captain Marvin's, will we be off the ship and able to make our appointment? :rolleyes:

I had found a website that showed ships in port and now I cant remember where it was! Can you give me yours?

That's our schedule also and we booked Capt Mavin's for the 9:00 tour. Made it last year and had no problems.

Archived