Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruisecrasy

Does RCL Provide A Discount on Wine?

I´m not sure if it´s a real discount but they offer the dine&wine package. You order a certain amount of bottles (usually equal to the number of nights) for a fixed price. You can choose from a certain menu every time you order a bottle. I think if drinking a bottle every day it might be less money with the package than buying the wine bottle by bottle.

I purchased the wine package last time and it was cheaper than ordering the bottle individually. The choices weren't the really fine bottles but were drinkable - Mondavi Woodbridge, Korbel Brut, etc. - but at about $15 per bottle it was a good deal. Also, if you don't finish the bottle you have the option of leaving it for the next night or taking it with you. I took it with me and drank it in the bars after dinner instead of ordering drinks or took it to the room for a glass of wine while I got dressed for dinner the next day.

Worked great for me.

Amy

The word is that the wine and dine package is being phased out. It may or may not be available. We found it to be a good value though the selection is limited.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone........ but I just have to laugh whenever I read about the options about what to do with the wine that is "left over".

Really, you actually have wine left over???? :D

We got the wine package on the 7/4 AOS sailing. It was $140 for 7 nites and there were about 15 different wines to chose from.

We're not wine drinkers and didn't finish our bottle at dinner...were charged a fee for storing it...better to have drank it down...that was a waste...honestly, that was my biggest complaint about Mariner...all the little nitpicky hidden fees...why aren't they just upfront?

You should not have been charged a "storage fee" for not finishing your wine!!! That's terrible! How much was it? How did they go about getting it?

I too got a little chuckle out of having wine left over. We EACH ordered the wine and dine package last cruise. And we STILL didn't have any leftovers. I hope is isn't totally phased out. I've heard several differing opinions on it. Just some ships were phasing it out, etc...

True, it's not the BEST wine, but we liked the price.

Hello, my name is Lori....

We were on the Mariner 6/20 and we didn't have a fee for holding the wine. That seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Never heard about o fee for storing the wine. I didn´t have to pay it. I´m not a bif wine drinker but my Mom had some wine by the bottle on my last cruise and she had only one glass at dinner so they had to store the bottle a few nights until it was empty. I never even thought about having a few on it and of course I wasn´t charged for it.

Really strange they did this.

I have a tipping fee! It pays to challenge any unreasonable fees with the Matre'D.A good complaint does not have to be harsh or loud to get your point accross.They will understand where you are coming from.

Well..we, thought it was a wine storage fee..couldn't figure out what else it was! Should've complained about that as well! It was $2.50. We both had soda cards..think it said something about dining room, so that was all we came up with?

lisaland15 - last time I went on Rhapsody they had the wine & dine package but that was in 2001. I'm going again in October and would be interested in that as well. Hopefully they still have it, as I love wines!

Glymmer--When are you cruising? We're not leaving until Oct. 31, so if you go before us, let me know if they still have it!

lisaland15 - last time I went on Rhapsody they had the wine & dine package but that was in 2001. I'm going again in October and would be interested in that as well. Hopefully they still have it, as I love wines!

Rhapsody had the Wine and Dine package available when we sailed in May, 2004. In fact, they have both a basic (about $125) and a deluxe (about $165) package. Our waiter suggested the deluxe package as a better value (based on discount from individual bottle prices) and we were very happy with it. Turned out that most of the selections on the Deluxe package were featured at the wine tasting. It was really nice to have tried them all in one sitting before having to make a selection! (btw, there was a coupon for free wine tasting in the C&A discount book that we received on board).

In the Crown and Anchor book we got on the Mariner there was a coupon for buy 1 bottle of wine and get 20% off the second. Not sure if it's good on all the ship types.