• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Chocolate buffet

yearnin4cruisin

Almost all cruises, not just Carnival, have a special midnight buffet that includes all sorts of desserts. This is from my Carnival Glory cruise ...

Midnight+buffet+II.JPG

The following are from my NCL Star cruise ...

Web+Chocoholic+Buffet.jpg

Web+Chocoholic+Buffet+1.jpg

Web+Chocoholic+Buffet+5.jpg

Web+Chocoholic+Buffet+3.jpg

yearnin4cruisin,

Hate to tell a CHOCOHOLIC this, BUT YOU MISSED THE CHOCO BUFFETS.

Even my equally addicted wife misses them sometimes. They are held in the Lido buffet sometime after lunch, usually on a sea day. But we're not sure of when or what day, seems to change all the time. Only lasts an hour OR LESS!!!

Dan

On our Fantasy cruise in May it was at lunchtime as someone stated above. They don't advertise it very well. Doesn't matter to me, chocolate is the ONE sweet thing I don't really care for that much. However, DH is a raving maniac about chocolate and certainly eats my share. :rolleyes:

DH and I were on the Fantasy in April. The chocolate buffet was more of a selecton of chocolate desserts held on the sea day before the cruise ended.

It was held at/after lunch in the Lido Buffet. It included lots of chocolate cakes and brownies and even "sushi" made out of a very sweet rice.

It was not the decadent chocolate fantasy that I imagined it could be but it was quite good nonetheless.

I saw something new on my MIRACLE cruise last March. Something "I" had never seen before on a CCL ship.

They had a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!! (similar to a champagne fountain but filled with sweet melted chocolate. It was located at the Lido deck buffet. There were trays full of several different types of food you could skewer and then hold under the flowing chocolate to cover. Everything from bananas, strawberries, sponge cake, mini donut holes, other misc. fruits, etc.

ahhh, . . . nothing like relaxing by the pool enjoying a fresh chocolate covered banana or strawberry.

Most of the midnight buffets I've attended on CCL always feature a desert section with usually one table dedicated to chocolate.

Have you ever tried the "warm flourless chocolate cake in the supperclub? It's EXCELLENT!

eNJOY!

aNNIE

I saw something new on my MIRACLE cruise last March. Something "I" had never seen before on a CCL ship.

Two years ago we sailed on the Glory and on the afternoon of the last sea day my mother-in-law and I found the chocolate buffet in the Lido resturant at 2 p.m. We definitely enduldged! YUM!

Kathy in Maine

Archived