Delay Of Departure For 11/21 Panama Cruise

boxsterr

I just received a call from my TA.....she had a message from Seabourn that cruise is delayed by a day......when she called the emergency number no one knew anything......does anyone have any information as to the problem? This is our first Seabourn cruise....not a great start!!!

It is easy for us because we live in Florida, but the couple traveling with us is from California....expensive to change flights at this point!

Thanks in advance for any info anyone has

Looking forward to a fun time......just will have to start relaxing a day later

Thanks so much for referring me to the thread......that is a terrible thing to have happened......my thoughts and prayers go out to all concerned. Please excuse my "pettiness" in asking questions.....I had no idea what had happened.

Safe travels to all...

Brenda

I'm very sorry about what happened. We are scheduled to sail on 12/5, I'm wondering if ours will be delayed one day as well. Have you heard if your cruise will be one day shorter ? or it'll will just end one day later than scheduled. We have not received any notification of changes in our 12/5 sailing. ???????. Ele

Eleang,

They are shortening the cruise by one day so that everything is back on schedule before it reaches Caldera. (At Panama Canal actually). That way nobody's arrangements at Costa Rica have to change.

bgood

Eleang,

They are shortening the cruise by one day so that everything is back on schedule before it reaches Caldera. (At Panama Canal actually). That way nobody's arrangements at Costa Rica have to change.

bgood

Bgood- Tks for the info. I'm glad my frist SB experience won't be shortened or delayed! :D I found this post in SB web site this morning:

Legend November 21, 2006Seabourn Legend was involved in an emergency search and rescue operation in mid-Atlantic throughout the daylight hours on Friday and Saturday, November 17 and 18. Because of this, the ship will be delayed in arriving at Fort Lauderdale by 24 hours. It is now scheduled to arrive at Port Everglades at approximately 8am on Wednesday, November 22.

All guests on board have been accommodated with changes in their personal travel plans and will be arriving at their destinations accordingly.

Guests arriving to embark on Tuesday, November 21 are being accommodated as follows:

Guests on Seabourn’s Air/Sea program are being met and transferred to the Hyatt Pier 66 Hotel for overnight accommodation prior to embarking at Port Everglades on Wednesday, November 22. Meals will be included in this accommodation.

Independent guests arriving at </SPAN />Fort Lauderdale </SPAN />on November 21</SPAN /> should make their way to:

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Hotel

2301 S.E. 17th Street

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA 33316

Tel: 954 525 6666 Fax: 954 728 3541

A hospitality desk will be set up and Seabourn staff will be on hand to assist with arrangements.

Guests arriving independently on Wednesday, November 22 to embark should consult the port signage to determine the berth location of Seabourn Legend for embarkation.

In order to avoid further disruption of our guests’ future personal travel arrangements, the voyage of Panama Canal, Belize and Costa Rica, now scheduled to depart at 5pm on Wednesday, November 22 will be shortened by one day, arriving at Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica as scheduled on Tuesday, December 5, 2006. The port of Puerto Moin, Costa Rica will be deleted from the itinerary for this reason. To view a revised itinerary, please click here.

We regret the disruption necessitated by this emergency, life-or-death situation, and we sincerely appreciate your anticipated understanding and cooperation.

Archived