Upgrade after docs received

Warm Breezes

Woohoo. I e-mailed TA yesterday because I noticed that the prices for our cruise had dropped. We had already received our docs last week with our room stated on it a 4A (We booked 4A Guarantee). Asked TA if he could get us an upgrade or OBC. At first he was reluctant and stated that the policy was that the reservation could not be changed because final payment had been paid. I e-mailed him back that I had read on Cruise Critic of others getting upgrades or OBC when the rates had dropped after final payment and I just recieved notice from him that I have been upgraded to a 6B. I double checked the room on the Carnival website using the gift method and it popped up our names when I put it in. :)

My question now is since I already have docs with the other room listed on it and luggage tags for Riveria deck how do we get the right information on our docs and tags???

Thanks for the help.

Do not put the old luggage (4a) tags on your luggage. The porter will confirm your new cabin and give you the appropriate tags at the dock.

Carry some self sticking address labels with you to stick on the new luggage tags they give you at the dock and a red pen to write the cabin number with.

(I like to do that, because the red marker helps the cabin number stand out.)

We were on the Fantasy NOv 9th. We were upgraded by CVC. I just took my self addressed labels and when we got to the port the porter gave us the correct tags and I put the labels on. He had already wrote the correct cabin # on the tags. We received our luggage quickly and doing it this way worked fine.

Warm Breeze you are lucky.. my fiance and cousin and friend are on the triumph the 25th and after we got are docs that did have our rooms on them carnival dropped the price 50 bucks. After my cusion called our ta she was told that only way to get obc for it would be to go back down to a 4a from the 6a we were put in... Otherwise its a crapshoot wether we ge an obc a further upgrade.. its up to carnival if they want to do anything... So at the least we got upgraded to a window either way

I went in like I was going to order a gift and put in our booking number and the new 6b room number on the paperwork from the TA and it brought up all of our names.

Thanks for all of the help. I will bring the address labels - I never thought of doing that before. I'm really excited and can't wait to go.:)

Archived