Advice for a 1st timer?

alaala

We will be on the 12/29 Paul Gaugain New Year's cruise -- never been in this area before. Any advice on no-miss excursions? Would renting a car on Huainine and looking for great beaches be a good idea? If you only have one day on Bora Bora :( what should you do? Will there be fireworks for New Years?

Any insights, info, and advice is most welcome. This trip is a big splurge for us (my 40th bday) and we'd like to make the very best of it.

Huahine- did you look into a car rental yet? We tendered in to a dock that didn't have much around, just a snackbar shop, I believe and did the 4x4 with Marc before getting into the outrigger canoe and going to snorkle and have the motu picnic.

I didn't see a car rental, that I can remember. J.

Re: Bora Bora - I'd suggest an excursion to one of the motus where there are nice beaches and snorkelling. They do have car rentals where you tender in and the cars are very expensive. J.

Audrey, what makes you think you will have less than two days at Bora Bora. Its not that far away from Motu Mahana .... Also I think its the day at sea that was changed to 1/2 day Motu Mahana and evening at Bora Bora.

Bora Bora is the more romantic location for new years eve.

The PG Motu in Bora Bora is wonderful. Take your snorkelling gear there and snorkel all you want. Otherwise you can just relax or swim. I love it because it is so isolated. Motu Mahana gets crowded with everyone and all the activities as well.

Miriam

I am on the same cruise as alaala and I approached marc. He told me that he only offers his trips for the Princess crowd and wont offer it on Regent. That usually happens when the tour operator or Marc in this case is the operator of the Regent excursion. I hope that is the case as I booked it .

Miriam

Archived