Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luvgretch

Adventure of the Seas Review November 12th Sailing.

This is my first time posting on these boards. I read these so much before leaving for my cruise. I would like to thank everybody for their input over time. We had sailed with Royal Caribbean Last Year on "Serenade of the Seas". We decided to sail on the "Adventure of the Seas" for the iternary of Aruba, Curacao, St Thomas and St Martin.

We started the trip 3 days prior to flying into San Juan and staying at The El Conquistador. We took a taxi to the cruise ship dock and arrived around 12pm. We were not able to board until 1:30 due to the extra cleaning on board due to a noro-virus outbreak on the prior sailing, which is good, I was happy that they were taking the extra precautions, to insure nobody got sick. We were aboard at 1:30pm, and headed to WindJammer for lunch. The problems started when we were about to leave port around 8:00 pm. We were is stateroom 7570, balcony cabin. Down the hall from us, were about 20-25 guests that decided to have a loud party. They litterally were yelling and screaming, had all their doors propped open, and were blasting lound rap music. My first thought, was what have I got myself into. I immediately proceeded to guest relations, and asked them if they were able to change our cabin. They proceeded to tell me that all the cabins were filled, and all they could do was call security. The problem is this continued on for all seven nights on the cruise. These guests would come back to their staterooms around 2:30 am and start yelling and screaming and then basically partying in the hallways litterally, they would stand outside their doors. This reminded me like we were back in college in the hall parties. We had to call security every night after being woken up 2:30 each morning. We saw some of our neighbors, and they had the same problem. The problem I have with this is why did Royal Caribbean not set these people straight, after the first two nights of complaints. They should have been on the watch for this. That is the only major complaint I have with the cruise line. I don't know if anybody out there has an address I can write to? I do not expect any certificates or discounts, I just want to make them aware of this problem.

On the good note, we had a wonderful time other than this. We loved the ports of call. In Aruba, we sailed the MiDushi, snorkeled over the Antilla. In Curacao, we booked with a company called Curacao-Actief. We met Anita our private guide and we snorkeled over the tug boat and a wonderful reef. Then she took us to a wonderful local place for lunch. After that we were kind of snorkeled out, so she spent the rest of time showing us around the island, which we loved. If you get a chance book with her at Curacao-Actief.com, she was a wonderful guide. We are planning to fly to Curacao next year to spend a whole week there. In St Martin, we went around the island. In St Thomas we did the Turtle Cove Snorkeling thru the cruise ship on the Doubloon. This was a wonderful excursion. Highly recommend it. We saw three sea turtles and a reef full of fish.

I think for now I am going to give up cruising and maybe just go on land vacations, I think maybe Royal Caribbean loses control when they have over 3,000 people aboard. I think I might have just picked a too large ship. We had Josie as our stateroom attendant, she was absolutely wonderful!!!!!:) The food was alright, as long as I don't have to cook I am easily pleased. Our room was a little bit worn, the safe had all the numbers peeled off of it, the closet door was hanging by one hinge, and the bed was a little bit worn. I have to agree the ship probably needs to refurbished soon.

I just want to thank all the members of cruisecritic for all the help over the past year of all the feedback of excursions and cruise tips, which made our trip a Blast, except for the noise problem. Thanks Again:)

Thanks for the review. You've given me something to think about. I just hope I don't get a noisy bunch like that near my cabin.

Thanks for your review. Sorry that you had a problem with the noise makers. Please take the time to write to RCI and let them know how this affected your cruise and also let them know that you are looking into a land based vacation now. The more complaints that they receive the better as maybe it will eventually open their eyes that they need to do a better job with crowd noise on their ships.