Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arcone

Victory review

We just came off the Victory. Yes that was me , myself and I making that terrible scene of holding onto the sign and sail card not wanting it to be used for the final exit of the ship.

Talking about exiting, it was quicker then we have ever been off ship before. We use the self assist disembarakation. (5 suitcase:eek: ) ( I was planning to stay awhile ) They allowed us to keep the bags in the room and go to breakfast then to return to the room. Self assist gets off before anyone else. we were off the ship by 8:30 a.m. I think it was a little before that. They start from the top off the ship calling off the floors to leave. Yes we were on the 10 th floor, first off.

The crew was OK, some helpful some not, Just like any where else, although some of the Photographers were having a rough day, as politeness was not even in their actions. very rough tones of voices, that was easy to solve just went to find a photographer that was having a good day.

Food was Ok. Dining room service was excellent if you get the chance to have Primrose at your table you will have the absolute best service every night. She was a delight. Also Primrose was the employee of the month for Victory.

A word to the wise always save your receipts when you buy liquor as they miss placed a whole case of rum 6 bottles, we were told this has Never happen before in the last three years not a single case of liquor has ever been lost, After 12 hours of less then happy conversation, the head purser finally found the 6 bottles of rum.

The over all cruise was a good one.

Glad to hear you had a good time. We're doing the Western Caribbean for the first time in April on the Victory. What ports did you visit, and what did you do there? Was the entertainment on board any good?

We just came off the Victory. Yes that was me , myself and I making that terrible scene of holding onto the sign and sail card not wanting it to be used for the final exit of the ship.

Talking about exiting, it was quicker then we have ever been off ship before. We use the self assist disembarakation. (5 suitcase:eek: ) ( I was planning to stay awhile ) They allowed us to keep the bags in the room and go to breakfast then to return to the room. Self assist gets off before anyone else. we were off the ship by 8:30 a.m. I think it was a little before that. They start from the top off the ship calling off the floors to leave. Yes we were on the 10 th floor, first off.

The crew was OK, some helpful some not, Just like any where else, although some of the Photographers were having a rough day, as politeness was not even in their actions. very rough tones of voices, that was easy to solve just went to find a photographer that was having a good day.

Food was Ok. Dining room service was excellent if you get the chance to have Primrose at your table you will have the absolute best service every night. She was a delight. Also Primrose was the employee of the month for Victory.

A word to the wise always save your receipts when you buy liquor as they miss placed a whole case of rum 6 bottles, we were told this has Never happen before in the last three years not a single case of liquor has ever been lost, After 12 hours of less then happy conversation, the head purser finally found the 6 bottles of rum.

The over all cruise was a good one.

Just wondering if your going to post more about the Victory. I will be going in May and on the Western part. I hope you went there so you could answer some questions. I hope you had a great experience, can't wait to here more. I will be staying on the 8th deck, hope the upgrade is worth it. Well can't wait for more.

Glad you had a good time. We are going on the Victory on April 1st--Eastern Carribean. We are also booked on the Panorama Deck (1067)

What did you think of that location? This is our first balcony so we are really looking forward to this trip.

Glad to hear you had a good time. We're doing the Western Caribbean for the first time in April on the Victory. What ports did you visit, and what did you do there? Was the entertainment on board any good?

Yes I will post more, I seem to ramble on this review as I have very limited time to post reviews. Time right is delegated to several task at hand.

We cruised the eastern side of the caribbean. San jaun, St Thomas, St Marrten. The entertainment is subjective to individual taste. Over all it was OK, we did not have any head liners that I saw. Although the comedian did get a lot of laugh. I thought the victory dancers shows were well worth watching. After all the price is right. In the Caribbean lounge they were only selling drinks on the first floor and that was off an on at best not in the higher floors.

Just wondering if your going to post more about the Victory. I will be going in May and on the Western part. I hope you went there so you could answer some questions. I hope you had a great experience, can't wait to here more. I will be staying on the 8th deck, hope the upgrade is worth it. Well can't wait for more.

We cruised the eastern side. The 8th deck is the verndah deck

has self service laundermat in the hall by cabins number 8346 -8399

$ 2.00 for wash also $2.00 for dryer. Soap is $1.00 just enough for one machine. The machine are for smaller loads. Not like the large loads that we usually have at home. You just need to go up ione floor to get to the pool and and the lido activities, buffet looking forward to any question you may have.

Glad you had a good time. We are going on the Victory on April 1st--Eastern Carribean. We are also booked on the Panorama Deck (1067)

What did you think of that location? This is our first balcony so we are really looking forward to this trip.

If I remeber correctly. when you get off the glass elevators you turn and your cabin is the first one in the hall. Please excuse me for mentioning this ever so softly, if you have any laundery to do there is laundermat on the 9th floor directly across the hall from yours.

9th and 10th floor are great location as you are right there for any outside actitivites. and if you want to go to the buffet it close, you are cvlose to the swimming pool and the water slide. Great just to go out and star gaze at night.

Victory. review continues

some differneces I notice from other cruises. Pacific Dining room there was mainly booth. some on the first floor had booth on one side and chairs on the other side of the table. seems to be 4 to a table set up. Although there were some larger tables in the midddle. Did not get to meet new passenger through the dinner meal. I did miss the experience of getting to meet new friends at the dinner table.

There was not that many sales on tables out side the shops. Example the blow out sale of t shirts. There was the inch of gold or silver sale. Buy 21 inch necklace & get 2 bracelet free for the first 100 customer in line. Remember to add the clasp to the price of the 21 " necklace an extra $5.00. We did this and bought some christmas present for my grand daughters. I bought a 15 i" necklace and a 7" bracelet totaling 22 " Paid for 2 clasp. $10. then had two bracelet free. I have 4 gift instead of three. You can divide the 21" any way you want to. I also bought two 1" links and plan to go to the craft store for pierce earing set up.

There were plenty of liquor sales. Jewelry sale was an additional 25% off of diamonds and sapphires depending on the day.

Food side of things, there was not a wide variety of breakfast breads on the lido buffet, crossiants a few muffin, and small round danishs, late at night there was pizza, ceasar salad, available where you pick up the pizza

soft serve ice cream machine in the same room. back of the ship inside pool

the outside deck is on deck 3 then on deck 10 & jogging deck is short one on deck 11.

Had a good time ready for another

Just 2 more sleeps until we leave for Spokane....and then off to Miami!! I will post a review when I get home. We are sailing on the Victory Eastern. Will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale for 3 nights post cruise. I will post a review the following weekend. Happy cruising!:) Sweet and Sour Shrimp here I come. Did someone mention Chocolate Melting cake?? Glad you had a good time.

Thank You for your review. I agree about the self assist. I used it on the Celebration last August and it was very fast.

we are cruising on victory on dec 3rd--we are getting excited--hey, are there metal or wood doors on the cabins?

did you travel with kids? if so,did they have good programs for them-we are traveling with 4 kids 9-12yrs old.

going to costa maya,grand cayman, ocho rios--any suggestions?

anyone like 6:15 dinning or is 8pm the best-??why?

what were some of the days at sea activities that you enjoyed--

thanks for posting previous victory info!!

have a great thanksgiving everyone!!

we are cruising on victory on dec 3rd--we are getting excited--hey, are there metal or wood doors on the cabins?

did you travel with kids? if so,did they have good programs for them-we are traveling with 4 kids 9-12yrs old.

going to costa maya,grand cayman, ocho rios--any suggestions?

anyone like 6:15 dinning or is 8pm the best-??why?

what were some of the days at sea activities that you enjoyed--

thanks for posting previous victory info!!

have a great thanksgiving everyone!!

First Happy Thanksgiving have a safe holiday weekend. Then bring out the band your long awaited cruise is almost here. What a great way to start off the holiday season.

Cabin doors are not metal. Wood maybe I'm not sure. I tried to place a magnet on my door and it did not stay put. We did not travel with kids. I can only tell you what I saw. One night they had an actitvity in one of the room that was only for kids NO ADULTS ALLOWED. It was on all the square window panes around this room. It did mention a age on the sign I did see children marching in a parade as a group having fun. Then there was bean bag throwing with the older kids. The child care area is away from the rest of the ship it up on the 12 deck on the same floor as the entrance to the slide. I really did not pay attention to the lids actitivties.

Sea days I always wanted to go to the art action, this time I did which I will not next cruise because it took about 3 hours. Although I did get art print suitable for framing.

We had first sitting which worked out for us as we went and was able to see all the shows after dinner.

SMOOTH SAILING

If you like to play slots. They gave away 2 or 3 BMW on our cruise on the 2 cents machine. It has "Win a BMW" sign on top of the cluster of slot machines. You have to play 20 lines at max of 10 coins.

They will allow you to place your sign and sail card in the slot machine to access more money and charge it to your sign and sail card. I did not do this, so I am not sure if there is an extra charge for using your sign and sail card.

I did not win the BMW as I wanted my money spent on cheap sounviers for the family. Also for some fun side trips at the port of calls

I was on the Victory in August and wasn't overly impressed with some of the stuff...I even complained about it on here....now reading this post made me want to be on a cruise...any cruise at all remembering all the good about it. I wonder if the people on here that defend Carnival to a fault are people that haven's been on a cruise in a while (not that 3 months or so is that long) and miss cruising so much they are willing to overlook any shortcomings just because the idea of a cruise is so wonderful...

Loved the victory and the ports for Canada/New England. Would love to go back to all of them.

When we were on board, a woman actually won the BMW.

Have a great cruise.

The one thing that was different an I had to get use to. We had a inside cabin and the bed was across the back wall. This gave more room in the cabin, I was surpise that it took me a while to get use to sleeping with the bed in that direction.

Looks like we will be on the same Cruise. Me and my wife are going on our first cruise and we are hoping to have a wonderful time. any advise?

Carnival Victory - 4/22/07

Looks like we will be on the same Cruise. Me and my wife are going on our first cruise on the victory and we are hoping to have a wonderful time. any advise?

We have sailed on the Victory twice. Best advice, go with the flow, relax and have a great time.

We have sailed on the Victory twice. Best advice, go with the flow, relax and have a great time.

thanks we will definately do that

Looks like we will be on the same Cruise. Me and my wife are going on our first cruise and we are hoping to have a wonderful time. any advise?

Come post on the roll call for this sail! We are planning a sail a way meet and greet and such.!! Would love to meet you and your wife.

Come post on the roll call for this sail! We are planning a sail a way meet and greet and such.!! Would love to meet you and your wife.

YIPEE!!! Two more from Michigan. I was afraid we were going to be outnumbered by the Florida and Pennsylvania folks! (wink, wink!)

Please check the roll call board so that we can all get to know each other. And get the info on meeting for a get acquainted cocktail/soda/juice/whatever. Here's the link .... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471512

Best advice I can give is to remember you're on vacation. Expect to meet some fun-loving people and be spoiled by the end of the week!!

YIPEE!!! Two more from Michigan. I was afraid we were going to be outnumbered by the Florida and Pennsylvania folks! (wink, wink!)

Please check the roll call board so that we can all get to know each other. And get the info on meeting for a get acquainted cocktail/soda/juice/whatever. Here's the link .... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471512

Best advice I can give is to remember you're on vacation. Expect to meet some fun-loving people and be spoiled by the end of the week!!

Thanks for the advice. BTW I posted on the roll call