Menu on Pacific Star

howsthis

I am wondering if the food on the Star is much the same as the Sun since they would obviously have different chefs etc. I sent my mum a menu from the Sun as she was wanting to know what to expect. I assumed it would be pretty much the same, I hope I'm right.

I am wondering if the food on the Star is much the same as the Sun since they would obviously have different chefs etc. I sent my mum a menu from the Sun as she was wanting to know what to expect. I assumed it would be pretty much the same, I hope I'm right.

In the last 2 years we've been on Pacific Sky, Pacific Sun and Pacific Star - and have had basically the same menu's on each. We had a few different ones one Pacific Star because we were on on board for 12 nights, whereas we were only on Sun for 10 and Sky for 7.

In the last 2 years we've been on Pacific Sky, Pacific Sun and Pacific Star - and have had basically the same menu's on each. We had a few different ones one Pacific Star because we were on on board for 12 nights, whereas we were only on Sun for 10 and Sky for 7.

Your cruises get longer each time Kym. What next? Maybe 14 nights on the Dawn?:p

Karen

Your cruises get longer each time Kym. What next? Maybe 14 nights on the Dawn?:p

Karen

Well, our next, non-cruise, holiday is 15 nights does that count??

Having said that, I did find that by the last day of the long cruise on Pacific Star I was glad to be getting home.

Kym

I sent my mum a menu from the Sun as she was wanting to know what to expect.quote]

hi there did u scan this or send an actual menu. if u scanned it id love to see a copy if possibble:D

ifnot its totally fine

thanks ang

Hi cruisers, yes the menu's are the same.

I have noticed this year on both Sun and Star, the lunch menu in the restaurants have improved a lot.

let P&O know through your agent if you require special meals...e.g diabetic (I am one) and they are so helpful. remind the Maitre De your first afternoon on board.... he is usually open around 3pm.

Coeliac, vegetarian , low fat etc. just let them know.

The meals are very good and varied throughout the cruise , if there is nothing much you like on the right hand side of the menu. look on the left

and you will find ... grilled chicken or fish and salad.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

the meals certainly are good, there's something for everyone! We went to the buffets for brekfast and lunch.

For breakfast, there's hot porridge, cereals, fruit, pastries and the usual cooked stuff - we had a starter with cereal and fruit, went for a walk, then came back for the hot cooked food!

Lunch buffet was: curries, bbq, cold meats, seafood, hot dishes, soup and lots of different rolls, salads.

Dinner was a choice of 3 starters (including soups), an entree, 3 main meal choices, always including a fish dish. Like Lorraine said, if the dishes for the day don't suit, they offer Caesar salad, grilled breast of chicken, grilled salmon every night.

Yum!

For some reason we always like to see the dinner menu as soon as it's posted outside the restaurant, even though it's not like we're hungry! It's just nice to know in advance what the choices are.

We usually have a buffet lunch but sometimes we go to the restaurant - it's a good way of meeting fellow passengers, whereas in the buffet we'd sometimes just sit by ourselves.

For some reason we always like to see the dinner menu as soon as it's posted outside the restaurant, even though it's not like we're hungry! It's just nice to know in advance what the choices are.

We usually have a buffet lunch but sometimes we go to the restaurant - it's a good way of meeting fellow passengers, whereas in the buffet we'd sometimes just sit by ourselves.

A hint for all: If you ask your waiter they can show you the next nights menu so that you can "select wine". We did it to try to pick which night we would go to the Steakhouse.

And also if you get on really well with your waiter you may even be able to convince them to give you a copy of the menus for your cruise. In the old day they did this every cruise as they were printed with dates. Now they reuse them over and over!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

A hint for all: If you ask your waiter they can show you the next nights menu so that you can "select wine". We did it to try to pick which night we would go to the Steakhouse.

And also if you get on really well with your waiter you may even be able to convince them to give you a copy of the menus for your cruise. In the old day they did this every cruise as they were printed with dates. Now they reuse them over and over!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

If they do a cooking demonstration and galley tour on your cruise, which they seem to do on most cruises now, they'll have a whole pile of complete sets of menu's sitting in the galley for you to pick up. That's how we got them on Star. If they don't do this - ask your waiter or the head waiter and they'll collect them and bring them to you.

On my last Sun trip in June our waiter brought our next night's menus for us every night. So I have the whole 9 night collection (except the Carribean night. Not my favourite dinner so it was a good time to try the steak house restaurant).

It will be interesting to see if the meals have been changed a bit on our next cruise next April.

We have noticed that menu,s on Sun, Star &Sky(gone)have been pretty predictable but we think they do a good job considering the cost of some cruises.(try to get same service in some aust.resorts)If u want to be really spoilt go on a Princess ship(5 star $ dining 24/7)We are looking forward to Pacific Dawn with alternate dining in the near future.Happy cruising all.

Bayview 5

hi guys,

this is a pretty big favour to ask, but if anyone has copies of menus from star would it be possible to get photocopies sent to me (will pay costs of course), that was the one thing that I was disappointed about not having from our cruise (I had no idea I could have asked for copies) because it is hard to explain to friends just how amazing the dining was (especially when you have a 5s memory and can't even remember what you ate each night lol)

my email address is s.vanekeren@student.qut.edu.au if anyone can help :)

(I had no idea I could have asked for copies) because it is hard to explain to friends just how amazing the dining was

yeah, I didn't see the menus when I did the galley tour :(

I'm going to try to contact our friends when they berth in Cairns tomorrow to see if they can get a couple of copies...

hi guys,

this is a pretty big favour to ask, but if anyone has copies of menus from star would it be possible to get photocopies sent to me (will pay costs of course), that was the one thing that I was disappointed about not having from our cruise (I had no idea I could have asked for copies) because it is hard to explain to friends just how amazing the dining was (especially when you have a 5s memory and can't even remember what you ate each night lol)

my email address is s.vanekeren@student.qut.edu.au if anyone can help :)

Sarze, I can scan them to PDF and email them to you if you like. Can you remember which Menu's you had?? (eg French, South Pacific etc - it'll probably be on your Daily's if you kept them.

Kym

Archived