Tell me everything I need to know about Legend

LindaandJeff

Okay...normally I would read the threads...but our cruise on Regent Voyager was cancelled today and we were able to book the Legend for this Monday...we fly to Fort Lauderdale in less than 12 hours and I have to work in the morning and I have no experience with Carnival. What do I need to know? We're in an 8B on the 5th deck. 8 day Southern Carib.

THANKS!

Reading the threads will be a lot faster than waiting for folks to re-type what has already been written.

Just type "Legend Review" into the search this forum link and you will got more than you can read in time...

Reading the threads will be a lot faster than waiting for folks to re-type what has already been written.

Just type "Legend Review" into the search this forum link and you will got more than you can read in time...

Thanks...knew that...not a newbie and not lazy, just no time and just looking for a few practical tips, not a review...a similar post on a neighboring board would have brought tons of quick, helpful hints. Such as...do I need to bring a robe or are they supplied? Do the hair dryers have any power or should I bring my own? Do the bathrooms have enough storage space? But never mind....too late now. Thanks anyway.

Thanks...knew that...not a newbie and not lazy, just no time and just looking for a few practical tips, not a review...a similar post on a neighboring board would have brought tons of quick, helpful hints. Such as...do I need to bring a robe or are they supplied? Do the hair dryers have any power or should I bring my own? Do the bathrooms have enough storage space? But never mind....too late now. Thanks anyway.

Yes they supply robes and the hair dryer had enought power for me (short hair)

Bathrobes should be supplied for the number of people booked in the cabin. IF for some reason you do not have them just ask your steward and he/she will be happy to supply them!

Pool/Port Beach towels will also be left in your cabin. Be sure to return these. They will be replaced daily. There are also towels available for "rent" on the Lido Deck near the pool. Again, be sure to return them as you can be charged $22 if you lose them.

Hair Dryers are in the desk drawer by the vanity in the cabin. I actually don't use a hair dryer but I know that many people do bring their own.

There is plenty of storage space in the bathroom and the cabin. There are glass shelves on either side of the mirror in the bathroom and they can really hold a lot. Also, under the sink there is an area where the extra tp and tissues are stored and I usually have space for things down there as well.

The closets in the cabin are large and there are several drawers as well. Luggage stores nicely under the bed (which is a fabulous bed I might add! The Carnival Comfort Beds are wonderful!)

Balcony doors open out on Carnival. If you like to sleep with the balcony door open a bungee cord works well. There are also little wood wedges by your door which the steward uses to keep it open while cleaning and I know that some people have used those. Personally i prefer a bungee cord. A/C will be off when balcony door is open.

I found the Legend to be rather easy to navigate. The only thing I found trying at times was remembering where particular food stations were. Also, the grill would sometimes move from service on the port side to the starboard side but in the same vicinity.

Sushi will be served on Deck 2 in the early evening. I recommend trying this!

I enjoyed the food on the Legend but I know what things I like ti eat on a cruise and know what to stay away from for my personal taste. For example, I don't usually eat off the "main buffet" selections. If I am eating on the Lido Deck then I make sure to go to the omelette station for breakfast. You can get any kind of egg prepared there. For lunch I stick with the more specialty areas. There is a wonderful salad bar, I enjoy the pizza (goat cheese, mushroom and garlic is my fav!) and the Deli line made great made to order sandwiches (they post a menu but you can concoct any combination of the ingrediants that they have and they do "paninni" grill if you desire).

I did not get a chance to eat at the Golden Fleece (Pay extra Supper Club) on my Legend cruise but I have eaten in the Supper Club on other ships and I highly recommend trying this! It is well worth the extra fee in my opinion!!

I would be happy to answer any other questions here on this thread!!

Okay...normally I would read the threads...but our cruise on Regent Voyager was cancelled today and we were able to book the Legend for this Monday...we fly to Fort Lauderdale in less than 12 hours and I have to work in the morning and I have no experience with Carnival. What do I need to know? We're in an 8B on the 5th deck. 8 day Southern Carib.

THANKS!

Go to the spa/gym for the showers. they are unmarked doors by the steam and sauna rooms. The showers have 5 heads..It is wonderful..Blowdryer not so good. bring own if you can..Bring dramamine. The boat was very rocky this time around. Could be time of year not sure.. Have a great trip.

Tina

Thank you!!! Great tips....we have already arrived in Fort Lauderdale and there is a big lots across from the hotel so we can stop there and pick up a bungee... I guess I will have to settle for their blow dryer because I didn't pack one....glad to hear there are robes. I didn't know I would have internet here at the hotel, so I am glad I was able to pick up your tips. Thanks for taking the time...all of you! :) :)

Lindaandjeff, if you are planning on using the blowdryer provided in your cabin, I would suggest bringing along a thick, heavy rubber band to hold the power button down. Saves you from thumb muscle cramps!

Also, the Unicorn pool (aft pool and bar area) is ADULTS only. Nice place to get away from the crowds and the kids.

Happy sailing!:)

Archived