? Dawn deck 8 balcony rooms

erpa

Does anyone know the difference between the standard balconies on decks 9-11 from the recessed-appearing balconies on deck 8? From the picture of the ship it looks like there's less "view" to the sides on deck 8 balconies. Thanks for any info.:)

Does anyone know the difference between the standard balconies on decks 9-11 from the recessed-appearing balconies on deck 8? From the picture of the ship it looks like there's less "view" to the sides on deck 8 balconies. Thanks for any info.:)

The view is only less from within the cabin. On the balcony, leaning against the railing or standing next to it, you get the same view. They're called framed balconies because the view is framed, just like art.

I instead prefer to think of them as sheltered balconies. They have less wind and more privacy than your standard balcony.

We just booked on the Pearl for next winter and have balconies Deck 8. Is there a way of finding out if the Pearl balconies on deck 8 are "framed"? We book a balcony so we can have a sundeck. Doesn't sound like the sheltered ones get much sun?:cool:

I figured out my balcony as follows: I brought up the NCL picture of the Dawn. In a seperate window I brought up the NCL deck plan of my deck and found my cabin #. Flipping back and forth between the two windows, I was able to count the balconies/portholes and figure out where my cabin was on the picture of the ship and thus saw that it looked different from the "regular" balconies. Not sure if the website yet has an actual picture of the Pearl, but if it does, you can figure it out as above. ;)

We just booked on the Pearl for next winter and have balconies Deck 8. Is there a way of finding out if the Pearl balconies on deck 8 are "framed"? We book a balcony so we can have a sundeck. Doesn't sound like the sheltered ones get much sun?:cool:

you will still get sun no matter what balcony you are on . but its not like sunbathing on the deck of the ship. you will just get sun shining on there..

no matter what balcony it will be fine, we had a framed balcony deck 8 on NCL star and it was fine, less windy and more private

and a few weeks ago on the star we had a regular balcony, seemed the same, more open and it has see through glass as the banister or whatever, as where the deck 8 balconys are metal or whatever, so theres no see through to see through if you are sitting on your chairs lounging on the balcony..

Hi,

We're booked on the Dawn 5/12/07 cruise. We had booked 3 balconies on deck 8, saw it was a framed metal balconies so I changed our cabins to deck 9. We had framed balcony on RCL, did not like it at all. I enjoy the all glass effect, maybe the framed balconies makes me feel closed in (my problem I near open space). Enjoy your cruise.:)

Archived