Member who lives in St.Lucia

caribbeandiva

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Just to advise that I live in St. Lucia and would be happy to answer any questions which would-be cruisers to St. Lucia may have. I also work out of Sandals so I can answer questions about them also.

Denyse/CaribbeanDiva:D

Not sure if you will see this but, my fiance and I have to decide by tomorrow if we want to book a cruise or go to sandals grande st. lucia. We really want a night life, but also want this stay to be so memorable and romantic?! Any advice? The cruise is risky because due to flights we may not make it, and the sandals is offering great price incentives right now.

Anyways, we just want to get a feel for what to expect!? We have cruised before and absolutely loved it!

Are there a lot of things to do with sandals and st.lucia?! I mean, we can see how beautiful it is, and how mch we would enjoy it I just want to make sure this is a perfect fit for our honeymoon!

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Just to advise that I live in St. Lucia and would be happy to answer any questions which would-be cruisers to St. Lucia may have. I also work out of Sandals so I can answer questions about them also.

Hello I will be traveling to St. Lucia on a cruise with my daughter who is 3 and husband. What do you recommend we see, what beach should we go to. Any hotel offer day passes. TX

• 6 months later...

I was wondering about the Bay Garden Beach Resort at Rodney Bay. I'm thinking about a day pass there. I have a teenage son, so I need a place that will allow a teenager. How is the hotel area? Also do you know if they have any kneeboarding type activities there?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I have cruised 8 times and went to Sandals last year. We stayed at Halcyon but spent alot of time at the Grande and loved it. I can't tell you that I like Sandals better than the cruise but I think it is a toss up. The nightlife at Sandals leaves a little to be desired but we made the most of it. St Lucia is a wonderful island and our favorite in the Caribbean as we have been there many times. There is alot to do as far as trips. I must tell you that we are in our 50's but enjoyed partying with all the honeymooners. The food was very good and endless drinks were wonderful. The ambience is great. Whatever you decide, I don't think you can go wrong. If I were deciding, I would choose Sandals for my honeymoon as it would be a little more laid back. Have fun.

• 6 months later...
Hello,

Hi, Denyse,

thank you for your information and i learned a lot. may i have a question:

can we rent a taxi for whole trip in st lucia? how many people can a car hold max? how much per person? any entrance fees during the visit? how much is it? thanks

Hi,

This is for Carribeandiva. My husband and I are coming to St. Lucia for a week beginning March 20th. We are going to be picked up at the airport (the big one) and then driven to Windjammer where we will stay. We are renting a car. What would you suggest we see and do. We are not in an all-inclusive, so any restaurant suggestions would be very helpful. Are there any attractions that you feel we should see? Anything you could tell us would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

Hey!!! We will be visiting St. Lucia for the first time on the Caribbean Princess on April 8. We are so excited and have heard nothing but amazing things about the island.

My firiend wanted to rent mopeds or scooters to ride the island and see the sights...what are your thoughts about this? We did this a couple of years ago on another island and had a great time...but I want to make sure that we can see the best of the island this way....

Thanks so much for all your help! It has been a pleasure to read your posts!

Sybil

Terry, I would suggest that you follow this link over to tripadvisor. Many of your questions can be answered about the Windjammer in the forum section.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g147342-St_Lucia-Vacations.html

I have been to the Windjammer 9 times. My favorite restaurants are the Big Chef in Rodney Bay, and Coal Pot and Jaques in Virgie Cove. My favorite tour is the land and sea adventure. You take a jeep down the coast stopping for lunch at Dasheen in Ladera Resort, you visit a waterfall, drive through volcano, and botanical gardens. You then board a catamaran for the trip back up the coast stopping for snorkeling. This trip leaves on Tues and Fri from the resort. You might want to rethink the car rental. taxis to Rodney Bay are $14 each way, Virgie and Castries $16 each way. This price is for total number of pasengers. Driving on the left is hard unless you are used to it.

Archived