Have you ever emailed HAL?

dexter

I emailed the corporate office 4 days ago and asked a basic question about spa prices and I am still waiting for a response. Maybe you can answer the question. What is the tariff for using the spa facilities on Zuiderdam and does the hydropool cost extra? We are in a Cat. S so it seems that would be a perk. Is it?

:)

Have e-mailed many times. Some times we get answers and sometimes we don't.

On the Oosterdam, the hydro pool was not free to we suite passengers. Nor was the spa.

That isn't a suite perk.

After we returned from the Oosterdam in March, I posted the prices for the spa and hydro pool. But unfortunately all that information has ben lost. And I don't remember what the prices were.

:)

I agree with the other posters. Contact ship services and ask questions directly or ask your TA to contact Holland America department heads.

Some questions about dining waitlists or upgrades will not be answered via email.

Did you email them through their website? I have emailed them several times and they have always responded, usually within a couple of days. A couple of months ago I received an email saying they were several weeks behind and apologized. But eventually they responded.

Everyone is probably right, though, faster to just call. I believe use of the spa facilities is $15/day per person plus specific charges for massages, etc. That's the cost on the Oosterdam which should be the same.

Never received a reply to my e-mail, but I really needed an answer, so I phoned them, and the customer service rep couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

By the by, a 50-min Swedish massage aboard the Amsterdam cost $100. It was nice, but I can get a better massage here at home for little more than half that amount. If I had one teensy complaint about the cruise, it would be here - I found the staff in the spa to be a bit snippy.

I have always gotten a reply and usually very promptly. I go thru the website and use the mariner tab. I think they are more responsive to mariners. I use this for all of my correspondence even if its not mariner related.

I have been told that HAL has fourteen million "MARINER". I was told this when they lost eight of my cruises and I had to send in the info.:eek: :mad:

I now keep a file on each cruise and flight since I have more than a million air miles.

If you have problems with accounts and need quick and polite service, e-mail the following...KMerriam2@HollandAmerica.com Her name is Karen Merriam at Ship Services Accounting Tel: 1-800-541-1576 ext.8728 or Fax: 1-800-207-3547

Trust this will help you for the future.:)

They said because the computer went down. :eek: We have friends who also lost iformation about his & her cruises. I will also say, those friends have two world cruises and I believe some 300 days at sea.:p

I was lucky that I had pictures taken by the ship with date and cruise info on the pictures. Other wise I am sure I would have been out of luck.:eek:

As I said, I keep a file now for everything and always double check. I still get a ship photo also with all info.:rolleyes:

Archived