Camshells HMC

mattR

How do they reserve your camshell? Do they put your name on it? Are you told where it is or do you have to search for it once on the island? Any problems with people useing camshells that aren't theirs?

Reserve the first day on board or better yet call Ships Services (do not have the number) before your cruise. They are scarce. Essentially there is control over those who have not reserved. In our case one of the beach assistants took us to our reserved clamshell and found that non-paying guests were already settled in. That was cleared up as they did not have a receipt and they stated that they did not understand. That was possible.

Reserve the first day on board or better yet call Ships Services (do not have the number) before your cruise. They are scarce. Essentially there is control over those who have not reserved. In our case one of the beach assistants took us to our reserved clamshell and found that non-paying guests were already settled in. That was cleared up as they did not have a receipt and they stated that they did not understand. That was possible.

I just called Ship's Services - the gal didn't even know what a Clamshell was. She put me through to Shorex Reservations - the gal put me on hold while she checked, came back and said NO - we do not take reservations for them here. You will have to reserve them when you get on board.

That is what I thought. There is no place on HAL's web site in which to order the Clamshell, so you will just have to wait until you get on board.

That is the first thing I plan to do when I board the Westerdam for Xmas.

:)

They are SUPPOSED to hold 50 clamshells for each ship when there are 2 ships at HMC>

But do they really do this? I don't know.

When the cabanas were for suite passengers only, we tried to get 1 and were told that they were all gone. This was when there was only 4 of them and you had to wait to reserve one till you got on the ship. After we got on the ship, we went right over to our concierge who tried to reserve one for us. She found out that the other ship that was to be on HMC the same day as us, had reserved 3 of the 4, and another passenger on our ship had gotten to the Neptune Lounge before we did.

:)

Thanks KK for your insight. It may not be an issue as we may avoid the rush, eat lunch on the ship and head there early afternoon to allow HMC to clear out a little (assuming we can tender in to begin with).

Archived