Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaxsonbrownie

Eadventures Question

I will be in Calica/Playa Del Carmen in April. I have been sending emails to this tour company after seeing all the recommendations here on the boards.But they have not responded to any of my emails. Is it that it is too early & I should wait until the date gets a little closer? Anyone have any idea?? Thanks, Jaxson:)

Wait...They will respond. They did not reply to my first email for about 3-4 days.

Thanks, I guess I will wait a little more & see. I hate to keep emailing them and being a pest. It has been 2 weeks since I had sent one. As it gets closer, I will try again if they don't reply by then. Jaxson:)

I remember reading on someone else's link about not receiving edventures email due to their spam filter. They were able to get the email on a different computer.

I usually get a response from Bonnie within a day or so, but the past couple of times I've emailed her regarding my tour scheduled for March 2007, I've not received a response so something might be wrong. I hope not!

Raceroc, thank you for that address, I will email them there & see what happens. HarleyGirl, try that address and post here if you hear from them. I will do the same. By the way, love your board name! I ride an 06 Dyna Lowrider! Jaxson:)

Just wanted to post that I finally recieved an email from Bonnie, said she was in North Dakota, and had gotten behind on her emails,was very sorry. She gave us alot of info on the tour, and prices for such. The only thing was that they said they ride along with you in your rental car for these tours, or they can provide additional transportation for $60, a car for 4, or $130,a van for more people.They meet you at Tulum,unless they provide the vehicle,then they take you there first, if you want, then continue with the rest of the day.She also gave me an address in the US to contact her, or tio send a deposit,and cell phone #'s for contact. She seemed very nice and was very helpful, look forward to doing a tour with them! Jaxson:)

Please get in on this tour, you will not regret it. We happened to luck out and they found another family that wanted to do the same tour as us so we got to split the cost of a van. Read my review on this board and you will see how great they are.

Hi wezhogan,

Can you tell me how big are the vans?

I am also looking at booking Edventure Tour for my up coming cruise.

We are a group of 7 with two children.

I was wondering if we will occupy the whole van ourselves, or do we have room to invite others to join us.

Thanks.

just a regular size passenger van. There are three bench seats and two bucket seats in front. You can fit 9 comfortably and probably 14 if you pack in (this is including the driver which they provide). If the kids are little they can probably sit on someones lap and that gives you a little extra room.

From all the research I have done, I have head that this excursion is out of this world!! We will be on this tour on January 27th, we are sooo excited. I have had numeous emails back and forth with Bonnie and we are really getting excited. I will let you know how it was whe I get back!! there are lots of pics and threads on this tour , so check them all out!!

Defenitely pass on xcaret and go with Eddie instead.

I've been to both xelha and xcaret and while they are nice nothing beats the day you'll have with Eddie and his crew.

Another vote for Eddie and his crew.

We just came back from Calica and love our day with Edventure.

Not only do you IMHO get more bang for your buck with Edventure, you are also not herd around like the other attractions.

Give Edventure a call and come up with an itineary that matches your interest. They are very accomadating and knowledgable.

How far of a drive is it from the pier to the under-water caves, spider monkeys, La Buena Vida, Turtle Bay, etc. Thanks.

Robin

How far of a drive is it from the pier to the under-water caves, spider monkeys, La Buena Vida, Turtle Bay, etc. Thanks.

Robin

Hey,

It seems like the times between the stops changed, to the cenotes from the ship it was probably 25 minutes and then after that probably 15 between them and Turtle Bay. La Buena Vida was great and is very close to Turtle Bay. We also did the Aquarium thing and Cliff jumping which we about 15 from each. Don't worry about time, just tell them what you want to do and they will make sure you have time.

If you are looking for an excursion. This is the one!!!

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Eddie even got a guy in our group that has not been in the water for like 5 years in there and he had a great time.

Is going to Turtle bay worth going? Are there a lot of turtles or just luck of the draw. Have swam with the turtles in Barbadoes and DH would like to do this if there are a lot. Thanks:)

Is going to Turtle bay worth going? Are there a lot of turtles or just luck of the draw. Have swam with the turtles in Barbadoes and DH would like to do this if there are a lot. Thanks:)

Hey,

I would say we saw about 5 turtles including a baby. Its not just turtles there, we saw a school of millions and I am not kidding, millions of sardines. And the coolest was the Baracudas!!! They were huge probably 6 feet long! They were feeding on the sardines.

Thanks for the info. How was the aquarium were there a lot of fish there also? I can't wait to go next month and looking forward to some drinks on the beach in the sun. Thanks agian for responding so quickly.;)

Thanks for the info. How was the aquarium were there a lot of fish there also? I can't wait to go next month and looking forward to some drinks on the beach in the sun. Thanks agian for responding so quickly.;)

This was also very nice, and it was pretty cool. I didn't think there were a lot of fish but it was still very pretty. It was nice because it wasn't all salt water, it was more half and half.

Hi everyone, I will be in Calica on June 7th, 07. After reading the post here I am thinking about using Edventures Tour. I have a few questions. What is the cost for all the things to do. Is the aquarium a lagoon you swim in? Are the cliffs you dive from in Talum? Will this cost be included in the tour? Do you go into PDC to go the the other sites? How hard is it to get back to the ship from PDC? I know its a lot of questions, but I'd rather know in advance what to expect when possible. Thanks in advance for all information. I will be taking my GD and want to make it special.

Hi everyone, I will be in Calica on June 7th, 07. After reading the post here I am thinking about using Edventures Tour. I have a few questions. What is the cost for all the things to do. Is the aquarium a lagoon you swim in? Are the cliffs you dive from in Talum? Will this cost be included in the tour? Do you go into PDC to go the the other sites? How hard is it to get back to the ship from PDC? I know its a lot of questions, but I'd rather know in advance what to expect when possible. Thanks in advance for all information. I will be taking my GD and want to make it special.

The cost for us was $60 pp, the zip line and Tulum ruins if you do them are $10 more a piece. That was for a group of 12, and included all of our transportation. The aquarium is just like what you said. It is not in the ocean though. The cliff are closer to Calica, that was our last stop and the ship was only like 15 minutes from there. The cliff jumping was included for us. We did not go to PDC at all, that is the opposite direction from everything else. They will provide all your transportation if you want them too, so if you wanted to do some of the stops then go to PDC they can do that. It is super easy getting on and off the ship in Calica. How old is your GD and I could help you decide what would be best for you. Also you can just e-mail Bonnie and she could help you put a itinerary together also.

:) Hi Craigmol, Thanks for the information. My GD is 15. We took her on a cruise in Nov. several yrs. ago, and she was all siked up about the snorkeling. It was the worst weather you could imagine. We couldn't dock in G. Cayman, in Cozumel the wind was brutal and it was cold. The waves were hugh so we had to pass. She was so dissapointed. So want to make it up to her this yr. We heard that the cenotes were great, and the aquarium was neat. Anything else you may know of will be great. Again, thanks. These boards are great.