How Many Lobsters DO You Eat on Lobster Night?

LAFFNVEGAS

How Many Lobsters Do You Eat On Lobster Night?  

416 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Lobsters Do You Eat On Lobster Night?

• I Do Not Eat Lobster Yuck)
    • Just One, I am trying to watch my Figure.
    • 2 to 3 ( they are Small)
    • 4 to 6 ( What the heck, it's Lobster Night)
    • 7-9 (Remember they are small )
    • 10 or More (Yes I have a connection in the kitchen)

[quote name='sail7seas'][b][font=Comic Sans MS]Just wondering why you would continue to eat something that 'tasted like a rubber band'? If it was so unpleasant tasting as that, why on earth would you stuff it into your body? I cannot understand that. An animal doesn't know better; presumably, human beings do???[/font][/b][/QUOTE]I think you're an idiot who misunderstood what I was implying or trying to accomplish. Also, I don't like your tone, and I would be careful what you say about what I should or should not instinctively know as a human being. I am not an animal and certainly not the overweight person you most likely are! These tails are small. So I believe me, there wasn't any "stuffing" going on.

As I said, the first four tasted great. Actually they all tasted fine. As the novelty of having lobster started to wear off they lost some of the appeal. Maybe I should have used the phrase "chewing like rubber bands" instead of "tasting like rubber bands". One fact remains true, too much of a good thing is not always good thing.

As far as my tablemates being in disgust, they didn't even notice until I was done.

[quote name='az lily']please // can we have some intelligent discussions... these stupid polls and ridiculous questions take up time and energy better spent.. i have a feeling there are too many people on these boards who are really bored and usae theee emails in an effort to entertain themselves.. i notice too many duplications of unecessary comments[/QUOTE]

Yet, you ARE evidently reading the thread... :rolleyes:

And if we ARE, indeed, entertaining ourselves... keep it up! What's the harm in a little daily laughter? It has been said that laughing/smiling is the best way to stay young! :)

As to me... I don't eat lobster -- I'll share that steak with RevNeal!

[quote name='MnFrozen2']I think you're an idiot who misunderstood what I was implying or trying to accomplish. Also, I don't like your tone, and I would be careful what you say about what I should or should not instinctively know as a human being. I am not an animal and certainly not the overweight person you most likely are! These tails are small. So I believe me, there wasn't any "stuffing" going on.

As I said, the first four tasted great. Actually they all tasted fine. As the novelty of having lobster started to wear off they lost some of the appeal. Maybe I should have used the phrase "chewing like rubber bands" instead of "tasting like rubber bands". One fact remains true, too much of a good thing is not always good thing.

As far as my tablemates being in disgust, they didn't even notice until I was done.[/QUOTE]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]As to my size, I've been married for 35 years. I was slim at the time we married and I still wear the same slim size. Not that it is any of your business.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]As to what you 'should' have said, I responded based on what you 'did' say.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]What you said was 'tasting like rubber bands'. Now you decide that is not what you meant. You obviously wrote one thing and didn't like my response predicated upon that, so go ahead and change the verbage. Anyone who eats ten orders of lobster tails, is stuffing. IMO When being served a five course dinner, that is excessive by any reasonable person's standards. IMO[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]It would have sickened me to watch a person over indulge to that extent. Had I been at your table and it was earlier in the cruise than the next to last night, I would have had to leave the table and not returned.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]

The lobster for me has always been sort of ho-hum on cruise ships. It's often a little tough and not very tasty. If it were crab legs, the score would be different, but I've found on lobster night that the lobster isn't worth missing some of the other dishes so I usually order something else. I do the same with the Baked Alaska. Great presentation, fun night - but an average dessert. Give me something gooey, hot and chocolate instead, please. :)

A note about tone - I find that on boards, people often type things that they would never say in person no matter how provoked they were. The online format gives a certain aura of anonymity and protection from confrontation that leads people to disregard common standards of civility. IMHO, if you find yourself getting hot about something someone has said here, responding in kind is not the way to go. A few unpleasant posts can be overlooked, but tit-for-tat sessions downgrade the experience here for everyone.

Cheers,

Friday, whose rose-colored glasses are firmly in place

I'm with you there. :) My family once won back to back dinner comps at a now defunct seafood place that featured all-you-can eat King crab legs. The first night, we ate the rolls, the salad, the cole slaw, the baked potato, etc.

The second night, my uncle pulled the server aside when she took our drink orders and said "Hold the salad, hold the bread, hold the potato. Bring the crab."

[color=black]Let’s make one thing clear here. We are all here because we choose to be here. If you are going to judge someone based on their eating choices make it short. I was on the cruise with MnFrozen. He’s a fun guy and he had fun eating 10 lobster tails. So what if he was doing it to beat a record??? It’s his choice. Just as it was your choice to judge him so harshly. Just as his tablemates had the choice to walk away, had they been disgusted—they weren’t. Just as it is my choice to think, that if the guy gets a kick out of eating 10 lobster tails, that it is kind of funny.[/color]

[color=black]Please be careful when judging others. You may find that you have to defend yourself and the harsh stances you take.[/color]

I am also a friend of Mnfrozen2, and why is it that he was slammed for responding to a thread which has been going on for quite some time.I have been on these boards for about a year now and notice that if anyone dares to voice an opinion that is not in keeping with the so called tone of this board they are slammed.:confused:

I have not participated in any of these conversations in the past but Mnfrozen is a real live person that I have spent time and and very nice person and not just some name on a board and he did not deserve to be slammed for honestly talking about his lobster experience.

Lets try to allow everyone to post freely without fear of being slammed for their opinions.Just because we have not sailed many times or days with HAL does not mean we are any less entitled to our opinions.
Oh and I only has one lobster and it was not very good.....otherwise I might have had 10 myself:p

hrm... last cruise i was on (seabreeze, a bit over five years ago) they ran-out of lobster by the time of the second seating... so i guess everybody in the early shift pigged-out on them!

honestly, it never occurred to me to just keep ordering-and-ordering them - maybe i'll try it (assuming some are still available for late seating) on my upcoming trip on the zuiderdam! :p

• 3 weeks later...
Agree with you GAJE. We have been on many many HAL cruises on probably
every ship in the fleet. Have never been offered more than one. Since they are kinda small we would welcome another.
We always get a balcony cabin but,is this something offered only in higher catagories?

Just off the Volendam. I had 6 lobster tails during the late seating. Our server bring extra, knowing that most people will want more. If you don't ask, you don't get more. So, speak up.

Archived