For those of you sailing on Navigator this summer

harrtchr

• 3 weeks later...
We are looking for passengers to join us on our Roll Call at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415826&page=3

We are looking foward to talking with you and sharing our excitement. Go to the link above.

Copy and paste something like this below into your signature.

That was every time you post on the boards, people will see it.;)

You can see an example of mine in my signature.

6/16/2007 Navigator of the Seas Cruise

Join our Meet and Mingle Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415826

EDIT: Or copy and paste this into your signature and you will just get the words Roll Call like I have. ;)

6/16/2007 Navigator of the Seas Cruise

Join our Meet and Mingle Roll Call

[url$$=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415826[/url]$$RollCall[/url]

REMOVE the 4 dollar signs once it is pasted in your signature. I do that so you can see what I pasted.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got some quotes on the transfer to South Hampton. Log onto our Roll call (the link is a couple of posts up if you are on board for June 16th) Would like to talk to you about transfers and Fthe shore excursion at Fatima

Sorry for the mispelling. That's the second time I did that.

QueenK2, this trend concerns me. In past years the roll calls were filling up by Spring. At this rate, we can have our meet and mingle party in a row boat.

The june 16th sailing of Navigator is till looking for fellow passengers to help us plan transfers and shore excursions

harrtchr :D

Our roll call for 8th Sept is also very quiet :(

I think this might be because a lot of the passengers will be from UK/Europe and CC isnt so well known this side of the pond ...yet.;)

Hopefully all the sailings/roll calls will pick up soon :D After all we are all going on a beautiful ship.

February is coming to a close. Another month and soooo little activity at our Roll Call. This is a ship that hold 2 to 3,000 folks. Hopefully a few more have discovered cruisecritic and the Roll Calls. If you are sailing on Navigator on June 16th, come join us at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415826

Not meaning to be rude but it is Southampton....all one word.....you might have problems getting map directions etc if you spell it incorrectly...and we wouldnt want you ending up in timbucktoo.:D

Hi Liz

We'll be on the 16th June sailing and will give you a guid Scottish perspective upon return. I've got a wee problem at the moment and was looking for advice. You're probably aware that BA no longer flies from Glasgow to Southampton. This isn't a problem on the outward journey as we always fly down on the Friday and spend a night in Southampton. Our problem is the return journey. Flybe (who have taken over the route) have 2 flight times-8.55am, which would be great, and 17.45pm, which would be rubbish!

We will be Diamond by the end of this cruise and we are in a suite. The ship is due to dock at 5.00am. Do you think we have any chance of making the 8.55 flight? I know we can have a taxi standing by and it's only 25 minutes to the airport, but disembarkation worries me. Hopefully we'll be allowed to take our own luggage off.

Any advice from you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

Oh heck Alan....that sounds like a risky flight to try to get.:eek:

Although the ship will dock at 5am...I would guess they wont start disembarkation until around 6.30/7am.To be honest I wouldnt take the chance on that early a flight out...but only you can make that decision,sorry.

I booked my flights with RCCI...at £70 each from Inverness it is a great price and transfers are included from/to Gatwick at no extra charge...although it means we dont have a night before cruise in Southampton that doesnt bother me at all.

The only thing that worries me about our flights is the low baggage allowance now....how the heck I am going to keep within the allowance for a 14 night cruise is my biggest worry.

Sorry cant be more help....hopefully someone else here will be able to help you out.

I look forward to hearing all about your cruise....hopefully you will have such a braw time that you will book the Independence for next year.:D

Thanks Liz,

It IS worrying and perhaps we should have taken the Gatwick option, but with the baggage restrictions, Aileen likes to have a day's shopping in Southampton for toiletries and a few extra pieces of clothing which can be dumped after the cruise......we also have a Travel Inn about 100 yards from the airport, so everything is really handy. Hopefully the nice people at Customer Relations will help (especially if we book next year's cruise onboard like we did last year).

Thanks for your advice, and don't forget to book the white water rafting in Vigo. It's the best excursion we've ever been on!

Alan

Hello,

Myself and my wife will be on the June 16th sailing,travelling down from the North-West of England the day before and staying in a hotel on the way down to Southampton.

As elizanessie has said this board and its cruise critic meetings is not that well known over here and this could explain the slow sign up rate for the meeting.Will add our names shortly to try and bolster the group.I also know of another couple from another forum here in the U.K. and I will try and get them to sign up as well.

Sorry grumm but I cannot help you with your flight question.In the past we have used B.A. Connect and the timings were more convenient than FlyBe's.It is unfortunate that B.A. Connect's service is not available and may stop us flying down in future.Maybe FlyBe might introduce a more convenient flight timing in the near future.

Like you we will be Diamond after this cruise.

That's all for now,I will pop in from time to time as the cruise gets nearer.

Iain

Welcome aboard to our latest addition. Hopefully we will have some dicussion on the boards soon regarding ideas for shore excursions. Some of our members have already made arrangements and I'm hoping otheres will begin thinking about them

Can I put a word in for the July 14th sailing, please ? As Karen says, our roll call is practically non-existent - I think it's because so many Brits will be on board and not enough of them have discovered these boards. This will only be our fourth cruise, but it'll be the first where we haven't gotten to know people beforehand...............and we're shy..........................!!!!:o

Hiya, Liz and Alan, by the way - nice to speak to fellow Scots.

Isabel

Archived