Princess Questions

will work to cruise

Looking to do our first Princess cruise, Caribbean Princess B2B, in June 2008 and have a few questions.

1. How are the rates for Princess Air?

2. Can you book excursions in advance? Do you pay in advance?

3. How are the activities for kids and teens? We have two girls ages, at time of cruise, 7 and 13.

4. Should we buy our insurance through Princess or shop elsewhere?

5. What is the price for a soda card/sticker?

That's plenty for now. I'll have more later. Thanks for any and all input.

Looking to do our first Princess cruise, Caribbean Princess B2B, in June 2008 and have a few questions.

1. How are the rates for Princess Air?

They are usually a little higher than you can get on your own and they may not be for the best flights you could get yourself - for instance, they might get you connecting flights instead of direct, etc. You can pay extra for the ability to choose the flights you want.

DO some homework on airfare on your own beofre you request a quote from Princess so you will see the pros and cons.

2. Can you book excursions in advance? Do you pay in advance?

You can book excursions on the Princess website through your Cruise Personalizer before you go. I think they open 60 days before (or maybe after you have made final payment). You do not pay in advance, they are put on your shipboard account. You can cancel them with no fees as long as you do so more than 24 hours before the excursion.

3. How are the activities for kids and teens? We have two girls ages, at time of cruise, 7 and 13.

If you are going during a school vacation, there are more activities for the kids than if you go while school is in session. I don't have kids, but I've spoken to a few people who had children on our cruise and they said the programs were okay, not the best they have seen on other cruise lines.

4. Should we buy our insurance through Princess or shop elsewhere?

If you buy insurance through Princess and book your own airfare, your airfare won't be covered in the insurance. The advantage with Princess insurance is that you can get at least a partial cruise credit for a future cruise if you can't cruise due to a non-covered reason. Outside insurance policies generally cover for emergencies only (health, etc) - you can't simply cancel because you change your mind.

If you have any pre-exisiting conditions, you would need to review each policy carefully before deciding to determine if the coverage is adequate.

5. What is the price for a soda card/sticker?

The sode card was about $27 if I recall from my Nov. cruise.

That's plenty for now. I'll have more later. Thanks for any and all input.

Archived